What's new

Spitfire - labs! get your free library!

Syncopator

No, I understand what you were talking about. I was just saying that there are a lot more confusing software installs out there, as I recently moved to Cubase, and their literature and videos all say a different thing about installing the program. No harm meant.
Oh. You were citing Cubase as an example. Now I understand. No problem. :2thumbs:

Old Timer

It occurs to me that the new play engine means that LABS is for the first time actually free. Previously, you needed to have bought the full version of Kontakt to get the most from LABS, as well as making a minimal charity donation. This means that Spitfire Labs are more accessible than they were before, which must be good.

Reactions: TGV
OP
Spitfire Team

Spitfire Team

The highly anticipated third instalment of our LABS series has arrived — LABS Drums.

Recorded at Spitfire HQ in 2012 using top-of-the-range mics, these drums showcase the talents of drummer Oliver Waton and engineer Stanley Gabriel. Play and program an awesome piece of kit — ba dum tss!

3 / ∞

And in case you missed it, you can download this and all of our LABS libraries for FREE.

Wally Garten

If these are the same drum recordings as in the old LABS, they're totally worth having. Just a nice, simple, good-sounding kit. I use them a lot!

sostenuto

Big NKS Fan !
Cool ! Must be swamped …. will not download to Audio App after many tries.

Frustrating in that the 'Download' command open my Audio App, but it displays everything properly, just no new 'Drums' content. Dunno if I should just let it stay open and expect download whenever, or close and try later.
No biggie tho ……………..:whistling:

Last edited:

SpitfireSupport

Customer Experience
Hi guys, we are currently experiencing some server issues due to a rather large amount of customers attempting to download at once. Operations are aware and we're working on this right now.

Luke

DSmolken

Not surprising - I'll try again tomorrow. This kind of thing happens a lot with good free samples, nobody should really hold it against Spitfire.

sostenuto

Big NKS Fan !
Hi guys, we are currently experiencing some server issues due to a rather large amount of customers attempting to download at once. Operations are aware and we're working on this right now.

Luke
No worries here, but confused as Audio App comes up asking: "Reset latest update or entire library? " Only choice are: 'Cancel or 'Entire Library'. I find this a bit confusing, although easy to just choose 'Cancel' ......:confused:

(edit) Drums did process ... downloading now :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Fleer

Feeding the Trolls
Thank you, Spitfire. Didn’t get those drums in the old Labs, so I’m very pleased to see this.

Begfred

Great Sounding Drum, Thanks Spitfire!

But is it just me or there is a problem with notes release when the DAW transport is running? Here, in Logic, the cymbals length is chopped when hitting play. It's not when Logic is stopped.

Mike Connelly

Sorry if this was answered already but do the strings have a way of switching articulations? And I assume Ensemble is just the long and short together? Thanks.

Top Bottom