What's new

Spitfire - LABS Download our latest FREE Library Strings 2 Now!

I've been trying, all day, to log in, to "GET" the Cello Quartet.

With each attempt, I get the following error message:

"Something went wrong, please try again later."

I did . . . repeatedly . . . in two different browsers . . . to no avail...........................

Is it just me, or is this a thing?
You need to get it through the Spitfire Audio App.

I've been trying, all day, to log in, to "GET" the Cello Quartet.

With each attempt, I get the following error message:

"Something went wrong, please try again later."

I did . . . repeatedly . . . in two different browsers . . . to no avail...........................

Is it just me, or is this a thing?

Is this while trying to log in?

You need to get it through the Spitfire Audio App.

Is there some secret, unmarked runic button tucked away under some hidden corner on the app that accomplishes this?

The only thing I could find, after clicking the little gear icon, was the word "Refresh," presented in a dim grey typeface that didn't brighten when I hovered the mouse over it (funny... weren't folks talking about bad UI choices, somewhere?).

Clicking the word "Refresh" makes big the dot-circle do its little dance for a moment, but no new library appears — either after clicking the "Not Installed" button or otherwise.......

It was only after being stymied by the hereinabovedescribed appFail that I tried logging in on the website, thinking that perhaps I needed to "GET" it, there, before the app would download it . . . and that's when I discovered that I couldn't log into the website, that "something was wrong," that I should "try again later," and that no matter how many times I try again later, I must try again later still . . . . . :-/

Is there some secret, unmarked runic button tucked away under some hidden corner on the app that accomplishes this?
I've failed to download each of the new/old LAB releases when I first learned about them (the app just acted like it didnt know what I knew). I came back a week later each time and succeeded. This is not helpful if you really need those amplified cellos right now, but if not, set yourself a reminder that a week from today is Christmas!

Yes (see my above comment).

So it is just me, then . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

You indeed have to add it to your account first, before it becomes available in the app (which can be started while "getting" it, but you can also do it later). But if logging in doesn't work then that's a completely different problem.

Agree on the grey typeface of the settings menu. It's a bit confusing.

Maybe contact support?

Hi Alan,

Please do get in touch with us. We'll be happy to help get you up and running.

Luke

UPDATE: I tried logging in to the website today, and I was finally allowed in. Successfully pressed the "GET" button, switched over to the A/V computer, and the SF app downloaded and installed the Celli. Must've just been overtaxed SF servers, all day yesterday. Haven't had a chance to actually play them, but I didn't see any error messages along the way.

The nightmare is over. :)

Like Todd said, some 35 (!) years ago, "time heals."

Last edited:
This is confirmed and logged on our side. I'm hopeful that our production team will be able to turn around a fix quite quickly.

Further update - we have a fix for this that will roll out on Monday morning (UK time). When you have it you’ll see it in your Spitfire Audio App by selecting the “updates” filter. Make sure you download it to the same place you used for the original install (unless you’ve moved it, in which case wherever you moved it to).

Ben

@sustenuto, I don't have Reaper, but in Cubase they apper in the instrument list under Synths. Please note these are NOT Kontakt Instruments. Labs uses their own engine.

Screen Shot 2018-08-04 at 11.23.36 AM.png

@sustenuto, I don't have Reaper, but in Cubase they apper in the instrument list under Synths. Please note these are NOT Kontakt Instruments. Labs uses their own engine.

Screen Shot 2018-08-04 at 11.23.36 AM.png

Yep :blush: They show up as LABS (VSTi & VSTi3).
Even after Update, I still get 'Fix it', but will Repair.
Repair did not fix. Had to uninstall everything, including Audio APP and reinstall.
Had to do this from SF site, as App /Repair did not help.
I know … free goodies, but …….
THX

Last edited:
Thanks very much to the Spitfire team for this new Lab instrument. Always fun exploring what these little libraries can do....i.e. much more than one might first think.

During the downloading process, I also discovered new updates for LCO and Solo Strings as well. Currently working with Solo Strings in a new composition and they are absolutely amazing. I've even featured the viola in one stem...something I haven't done for a long time, due to the fact I could never seem to get other viola libraries to sound the way I wanted or fit with other libraries. But I digress.

Looking forward to more LAB instruments in the future. Cheers!

For the record, I don't genuflect to shine anyone's shoes... but thank you SF for another awesome Lab's creation. :barefoot:

And yes, the guilt is slowly building with each new freebie downloaded... and yes, I promise to pick up a new paid library this year... and yes, I will use U.S.$ and not pesos

Top Bottom