SPITFIRE - LABS! Get your FREE Charango Library!

Discussion in 'COMMERCIAL Announcements' started by Spitfire Team, May 31, 2018.

1. Syncopator

Syncopator Member

Mar 10, 2016
    What gives you the impression that I use Cubase? It appears you misunderstood my post, as this experience has absolutely nothing to do with my DAW (Digital Performer). This was about downloading and installing the Spitfire LABS instruments.

2. D Halgren

D Halgren Senior Member

May 6, 2017
    Portland, OR
    No, I understand what you were talking about. I was just saying that there are a lot more confusing software installs out there, as I recently moved to Cubase, and their literature and videos all say a different thing about installing the program. No harm meant.

3. Syncopator

Syncopator Member

Mar 10, 2016
    Oh. You were citing Cubase as an example. Now I understand. No problem. :2thumbs:

D Halgren likes this.
  4. DavidY

DavidY Senior Member

Nov 24, 2017
    UK
    I had the same problem - thanks for the workaround.

5. Regulus

Regulus Member

Jan 17, 2018
    Only had experience with Strings so far, aren't those symbols in Soft Piano correspond to CC11/1 by default as well?
    That's true indeed and not gonna change until people will stop biting that *..it looks just like that outboard gear..* gimmick. Currently UI design is heavily affected by marketing, because fancy vintage looks = good sales.

6. Old Timer

Old Timer Senior Member

Dec 6, 2016
    It occurs to me that the new play engine means that LABS is for the first time actually free. Previously, you needed to have bought the full version of Kontakt to get the most from LABS, as well as making a minimal charity donation. This means that Spitfire Labs are more accessible than they were before, which must be good.

TGV likes this.
  7. OP
    OP
    Spitfire Team

Spitfire Team Senior Member

Mar 5, 2015
    [​IMG]

The highly anticipated third instalment of our LABS series has arrived — LABS Drums.

[​IMG]

Recorded at Spitfire HQ in 2012 using top-of-the-range mics, these drums showcase the talents of drummer Oliver Waton and engineer Stanley Gabriel. Play and program an awesome piece of kit — ba dum tss!

3 / ∞

[​IMG]

And in case you missed it, you can download this and all of our LABS libraries for FREE.

[​IMG]

8. Wally Garten

Wally Garten Senior Member

Apr 23, 2018
    If these are the same drum recordings as in the old LABS, they're totally worth having. Just a nice, simple, good-sounding kit. I use them a lot!

9. Garry

Garry Senior Member

Dec 28, 2017
    Switzerland
    Thanks Spitfire - incredibly generous of you to release this. Much appreciated.

dogdad likes this.
  10. sostenuto

sostenuto Senior Member

Mar 10, 2017
    St George, UT USA
    Cool ! Must be swamped …. will not download to Audio App after many tries.

Frustrating in that the 'Download' command open my Audio App, but it displays everything properly, just no new 'Drums' content. Dunno if I should just let it stay open and expect download whenever, or close and try later.
    No biggie tho ……………..:whistling:

Last edited: Jun 28, 2018
  11. Stephen Schmidt

Stephen Schmidt Member

Apr 3, 2018
    Boston, MA
    I'm having the same issue

12. SpitfireSupport

SpitfireSupport Customer Experience

May 8, 2017
    Hi guys, we are currently experiencing some server issues due to a rather large amount of customers attempting to download at once. Operations are aware and we're working on this right now.

Luke

sostenuto likes this.
  13. DSmolken

DSmolken Senior Member

Jun 30, 2016
    Not surprising - I'll try again tomorrow. This kind of thing happens a lot with good free samples, nobody should really hold it against Spitfire.

14. sostenuto

sostenuto Senior Member

Mar 10, 2017
    St George, UT USA
    No worries here, but confused as Audio App comes up asking: "Reset latest update or entire library? " Only choice are: 'Cancel or 'Entire Library'. I find this a bit confusing, although easy to just choose 'Cancel' ......:confused:

(edit) Drums did process ... downloading now :thumbsup:

Last edited: Jun 28, 2018
  15. kimarnesen

kimarnesen Senior Member

Feb 12, 2014
    Are these any different from the old Kontakt versions?

16. dogdad

dogdad Senior Member

Jul 13, 2016
  17. studiostuff

studiostuff Senior Member

Dec 15, 2015
    The download link worked just now for me. The drums sound very nice!

Thanks, Spitfire!

18. Fleer

Fleer No Method

Dec 12, 2014
    Boston/Cambridge
    Thank you, Spitfire. Didn’t get those drums in the old Labs, so I’m very pleased to see this.

19. DavidY

DavidY Senior Member

Nov 24, 2017
    UK
    Were they not "Ollie Waton Drums" in the old Labs?

20. Begfred

Begfred Active Member

Apr 13, 2013
    Great Sounding Drum, Thanks Spitfire!

But is it just me or there is a problem with notes release when the DAW transport is running? Here, in Logic, the cymbals length is chopped when hitting play. It's not when Logic is stopped.