What's new

Spitfire kepler. . .

Yeah - I would like to hear of peoples experiences with this software, not listen to peoples endless demo's (and pictures).
I don't come here ever to hear peoples demo's - the LAST thing I want to listen to.
A good thorough video review - I'm interested.
Get a website @idematoa :)

If you don’t want to listen to demos, that’s of course perfectly fair.

However, many of us do. I personally think that the ability to share demos is one of the most important properties of vi-c as a medium.

There’s lots of (non-demo) here content that I could do without also, but maybe it’s valuable to yourself, or to others. So I wouldn’t want to censor that.

But I just don’t understand this hostility. Lots of stuff on the Internet is valuable to some people and not valuable to others. Don’t find something valuable, just scroll past it. So long as it isn’t toxic or derailing, How does this harm anyone?

Whereas forbidding demos - and hostility to someone who posts demos, I feel seriously damages the value of the vi-c medium to someone like myself.

Especially for so conceptually complex a library as this. Seriously everyone, bring on the demos. I personally feel i am in no danger of hearing too many demos.

If the pictures are causing issues for people with low bandwidth (and this is the only way I can see how they might be doing any harm to anyone) the this should be stated as such. But the days of people being banned for double posting ... well I vaguely remember the days where an incredibly low bandwidth internet made such etiquette make sense. But I can’t see how, in the medium of the modern internet this kind of extreme etiquette makes sense any more.

Last edited:
In continued defense, there's a contingent of us on here that are likely in the amateur camp. I may not always like listening to every post made (and really, I wish @idematoa added a little more narrative?), but I appreciate getting a better sense of how the libraries sounds in hands more like my own. They're extremely illustrative of what most of us will sit down and hear, while also having intrinsic value that should be encouraged.
I'm cool with the idea that they can go somewhere else, but so far I'm still not seeing a whole lot else here for this library to listen to yet, and that's helpful.

Signed, an amateur appreciator.

... so after asking idematoa to stop posting stuff we have almost 1 page of "discussion" about these posts. Seems he/she can't win.

Personally I'd rather have these (other demos) than 18 pages of chat. The pictures are a cool idea, not all users are veterans at this.
Like anything, if you don't like it then don't watch/listen or even better "unwatch thread"

But I just don’t understand this hostility. Lots of stuff on the Internet is valuable to some people and not valuable to others. Don’t find something valuable, just scroll past it. So long as it isn’t toxic or derailing, How does this harm anyone?

Whereas forbidding demos - and hostility to someone who posts demos, I feel seriously damages the value of the vi-c medium to someone like myself.
well. These demos might be extremely valuable. If they were presented with at least a bit of conetxt around them like "today I tried to do some stuff that really seems a kind of organic motion. I added this and that and noticed that something soes not work like I thought, instead i had to..." you get my idea I think. that is what is helpful and what everybody want's to read. Browsing new posts and finding threads that just have a ton of uncommented music (uploaded to soundcloud which is basically the worst) with large pictures I could not care less about... especially on mobile devices or big studios listening to that stuff is not an option.

... so after asking idematoa to stop posting stuff we have almost 1 page of "discussion" about these posts. Seems he/she can't win.
Personally I'd rather have these (other demos) than 18 pages of chat.
yeah. I feared that. Also I did not think idematoa would get that much dislike.

If they were presented with at least a bit of conetxt around them like "today I tried to do some stuff that really seems a kind of organic motion. I added this and that and noticed that something soes not work like I thought, instead i had to..." you get my idea I think. that is what is helpful and what everybody want's to read. Browsing new posts and finding threads that just have a ton of uncommented music (uploaded to soundcloud which is basically the worst) with large pictures I could not care less about... especially on mobile devices or big studios listening to that stuff is not an option.
I think the way such posts appear on mobile devices is a fair point because scrolling past lots of images can take many swipes. But iDevices at least do give you the option to listen in the browser to Soundcloud links (even if Soundcloud really wants you to have the app installed). I would still rather have the demos than not, though I agree that more narrative context would in many cases be helpful.

I think it would be nice to have a place to just post demos like @ism suggested. That way everyone would be able to share and listen how libs work while text information would be perfectly readable.
In that scenario I think ppl may share more tests and never-to-be-finished tracks using this or that lib, just because there would be an appropiate place to do it. And yes, that place would be flooded with good and bad demos, and people posting things just 'cause they are excited, but then you'll go there (or not) at your own peril, leaving "member's compositions" for other kind of tracks.

@idematoa, I like some of your demos and the info the sound provides, and I want to thank you for sharing, but this may not be the best way to share if you really want to share. As @rocking.xmas.man said, context is very valuable and important.

@styledelk, what has this to do with hobbyists/amateurs and/or/vs proffesionals?? Lately I've read here at VI-C too many nonsense about the presumed differences and this or that prejudice... I can't really comprehend why...

I'm not going to derail the thread more that it is already derailed, so I'll add right here a very long, very boring, and very nonsense track made with just the Kepler demo, just because I'm in that mood right now.
[EDIT: This track may be boring, but the lib demo is not. You can do really interesting things with it]

About Kepler, I like the idea and the sound. It's not for me, not right now anyway, but the way I hear it in the demos I've listened to, I think they made a very interesting thing here, and I'm sure we'll be hearing it in lots and lots of shows in the near future. Congrats to Paul, CH & the whole SF team.

[AUDIOPLUS=https://vi-control.net/community/attachments/kepler-demo-1130-mp3.20346/][/AUDIOPLUS]

Attachments

• Kepler Demo 1130.mp3
    13.2 MB · Views: 164
I'm not sure if it's already mentioned here but do you know what the dynamic slider does? Is it really controlling the dynamic as we know from other SF libraries? I'm just curious because I think Paul didn't show it in the Walkthrough.

Ok, here we go with a 20 minutes of messing around sort of test. This uses Kepler's Europa synth, high strings grid on the mix, low brass with pulsing momentum, high brass with Tidal momentum, and some of the pizz bass.
It's nothing much, and most of it is cheating from reuse. Brass comes in around 1:05. There's a lot to like in here. Getting the popping but fixing DFD mostly fixes-- but all of the synths need their waves found (they seem to be defaulting to Spitfire locations). Also, the organization in KompleteKontrol is pretty bad.

Spitfire Audio - Kepler Orchestra :
01 - High strings Grid : Septuplet Time [Double Croche],
02 - Celli Grid : Septuplet Time [Double Croche],
03 - High Brass Grid : Septuplet Time [Noire],
04 - Basses - Momentum Grid : Duplet Time [Blanche],
05 - Woodwinds - Momentum Grid : Duplet Time [Noire].

Last edited:
01 - SA - Kepler Orchestra - Ganymede - Short Fizzer + Ambient Guitars - Oscy Angel
02 - SA - Eric Whitacre Choir - Tutti All In One - Episodic OOH NAH

Last edited:
Top Bottom