What's new

Spitfire kepler. . .

You know, I think that Kepler Orchestra would blend very nicely with Orchestral Swarm.

Best,

Geoff
And just as I was going to say I will save my cash, you mention this...
Kepler Orchestra would blend very nicely with Orchestral Swarm
Since I own OSwarm now I guess I am in a rut ;)

UPDATE: The Ariel patch reminds me of the score from Steve Jablonsky when the Decepticon LOCKDOWN is walking on the highway with that huge ship above him.. So long story short I GOT IT

Last edited:
This and Straylight are giving me serious feels. It's going to be an expensive weekend.

This and Straylight are giving me serious feels. It's going to be an expensive weekend.
I think it looks very interesting too but I can wait until it's 50%+ off on BF or NYD...

I think O2 will suffice until then...:sneaky: ;) :cool:
Now SF Kepler, that's a different story... I won't be waiting past tomorrow to get that. :2thumbs:

Last edited:
O.k. a short test which was created within a few minutes only.
There is one Keyscape track inside and 6 tracks with Kepler Orchestra. All intern FX off and using just the close mic. It is not mixed well of course and i put my own reverb (and spatalization) on it. Maybe too much reverb here so it gets a bit muddy and chaotic at the end. But you can get a very dry sound as well here if you want...maybe i make some better demos later.
No automation or something special going on. Just some improved midi notes here and some custom grid settings mixed with some default snapshots for some instruments here which comes with the tool.
However, i love this library and it already begins to inspire we in different ways.

Just for fun here only the Kepler Orchestra sound with the close mics only and no FX (intern or extern). So mainly the "dry" sound.

Last edited:
Please don't get this wrong idematoa, your demos are appreciated and nice but floodposting them into discussion threads is killing the discussions.

There were Times in the Internet Users got kicked from forums because of double posts. Basically that is the reason why. Maybe you find a less space consuming and more discussion-connected (or somehow else less derailing) way to provide your user demos?

Last edited:
Please don't get this wrong idematoa, your demos are appreciate and nice but floodposting them into discussion threads is killing the discussions.

There were Times in the Internet Users got kicked from forums because of double posts. Basically that is the reason why. Maybe you find a less space consuming and more discussion-connected (or somehow else less derailing) way to provide your user demos?
I have to agree, sorry. Are all the pictures really necessary? It strikes me like... showing off baseball cards or something along that line.

I guess I'm just a bit put off by what I see as senseless pictures being posted, like when someone buys a new library and they post a screenshot of the download app as it's downloading.

I really really want to love this new sample library, but there is just something off about it. Don't get me wrong I think it's unique and good quality - believe me, I love 99.9% of the libraries Spitfire creates. Maybe it's the CPU issues that people have been having, maybe it's the overtly dry sound of the samples, or maybe I am just running out of the GAS. I can't quite put my finger on it, but I am just not super excited about this new release from SA. I know, I know - if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. I am not intending to bash them, I just can't fully sing the praises of this new sample library yet. Maybe once it's lost the training wheels, and people on this forum have had more time with it, more user demos/walkthrough and those performance issues are dealt with, maybe then I'll cave in and purchase. Just my twenty-five cents for you.

Please don't get this wrong idematoa, your demos are appreciated and nice but floodposting them into discussion threads is killing the discussions.

I agree to be honest. And I've seen him doing it on KVR too. Not that they aren't appreciated but maybe there's a better way of doing it (eg. no pictures and less multiple posts)

I have to agree, sorry. Are all the pictures really necessary? It strikes me like... showing off baseball cards or something along that line.

I guess I'm just a bit put off by what I see as senseless pictures being posted, like when someone buys a new library and they post a screenshot of the download app as it's downloading.
I assumed the pictures were to show the settings he used for each patch.

Fair enough. But then I'd argue that there's a clear value to these demos, that the pictures are nice, provide useful detail on what patches are being used, and that real estate on the internet is pretty cheap in any event.

In particual, the small number of patches used in these demos have a kind of purity that lets one get a sense of the sound in a way that isn't covered in the brevity of a walk through and is sometimes lost in the complexity of an official demo.

Also: I like baseball cards.

(Actually hockey cards, but when you translate into Americanesse I think baseball cards is probably more accurate :)

Last edited:
There might be a broader point though about creating separate threads that focus on demos.

Because while I'm not sure that I see how demos can be inhibiting discussion, I think that the inverse can certainly be true - that the discussion, when it takes on certain tones, can clearly disincentiveize people from sharing demos.

Though by *far* the best threads here, and what vi-c really, really excels at, is the kind of thread where the discussion encourages people to share demos and the demos encourage discussion. (Recent LCO & Time Macro threads being excellent examples of this).

Sorry this thread got derailed. I'd love to hear more from people who have Kepler Orch, regarding cpu usage and extent of dynamic layers—and any other observations!

Reactions: ism
This is what idematoa does. He/she music bombs every thread so it just becomes page after page of screen grabs. I’ve reported this in the past but got the feeling I was the only one that cared.
Others have reported idematoa and his many pictures in the past, too. And back then, I requested he stop inserting them into his posts and instead just leave them as attachments. He did stop posting images after that for a little while, which was much appreciated.
@idematoa, please stop inserting the pictures into your posts. You can leave them as attached files so users can click on them and see the bigger picture if they want to.

Last edited:
Yeah - I would like to hear of peoples experiences with this software, not listen to peoples endless demo's (and pictures).
I don't come here ever to hear peoples demo's - the LAST thing I want to listen to.
A good thorough video review - I'm interested.
Get a website @idematoa :)

Top Bottom