Spitfire kepler. . .

jbuhler

Paul sounds very excited to be showing this off. Really, not just part of his sign on! I mean almost giddy at points of the walkthrough.

angeruroth

This creativity continues to separate SFA among other top-tier providers.
Really not CH /PT fanboy, yet this impresses ! :thumbsup:
Yup, after this I can really imagine them sitting all players in circles (or following the golden ratio) the cellos outside, violas and violins in the center (or the other way around), and then moving, while recording, the A mics in circles and the O mics in a perfect spiral, and maybe even the C and T mics, to create new ways to hear the sound.

That could really change how the sound and its nuances are captured, but who knows how hard could it be or even if the current tech allows something like that.

Or imagine a cello in the center, surrounded by a circle made of viola-violin-violin-viola-contrabass, sitting the bass in front of the cello... Hell, I'll go mad if I keep having crazy ideas :laugh:
Time to sleep.

sostenuto

Big NKS Fan !
Ha! Too much hourly labor cost these days. :eek:
Concentric rotating (elliptical?) platforms with any combo of mics, players. Infinite potential :geek:

borisb2

didnt watch the walktthrough yet ... is it possible to push sounds from other libraries through this "engine" ?

EDIT:
watched the walkthrough - ok, was a silly question :P

not convinced yet if I need Kepler (even after being a german) .. the demo posted earlier (mixing the sounds) did sound great though

Last edited:

jbuhler

Well if the library is successful in its achievement he should be giddy. It is based on trying to achieve musical structures that echo this kind of music...

Sure, it's just been a long time since Paul seemed sincerely excited. Not that he hasn't liked recent libraries because he clearly has. But they haven't excited him the way this one has. I mean he sounds almost like Christian with one of his new modular toys...

Sibelius19

Music is just color and rhythm --Debussy
To save anyone the bother of downloading, here's a quick demo video from me. It's two patches... both sound quite like warped strings. One is a 5 octave fast tremolo effect, the other is a bass with a slow pitched doppler effect.

HERE is the link if you want to pick it up.

There's a very unique, dark quality to this. I could see how someone could say "ah, nothing special." But there's something so alluring about it, and I cannot put my finger on it.

brenneisen

how lovely could it be Albion 6 Kepler Orchestra?

wonder how beautiful those swells and shards would sound in Lyndhurst

(would pay double for that)

Digivolt

didnt watch the walktthrough yet ... is it possible to push sounds from other libraries through this "engine" ?
Yeah it would make it truly great if there was an option for MIDI either via midi out to control other instruments or just a simple drag & drop midi option to take whatever is being generated in the engine to control other stuff

redlester

I didn't really think this through; Purchased last night. downloaded overnight. Can't play with it tonight as I'm out at the theatre! So will be Saturday at the earliest before I can faff around with it.

Raphioli

I find it interesting that Kepler is a Kontakt library ... I really had expected this one would be running in the Spitfire engine.
Do the Evo libraries on the Spitfire engine have any patches which utilize time stretching?
If not, maybe their player doesn't have a TM machine equivalent feature.

how lovely could it be Albion 6 Kepler Orchestra?

wonder how beautiful those swells and shards would sound in Lyndhurst

(would pay double for that)
I'd definitely would be interested in the Hall version too.
But I also do understand that they might have went with a room, because it would blend more well with their studio orch range. And if one wanted to blend it with the symphonic range, they would just need to add reverb.
(although you wouldn't be able to get that hall sound just by adding a reverb, especially with a library like this. which is why id also be interested in a hall version)

Anyways, really interesting library for sure!

whiskers

Perpetual student
i think i will be passing on this one for now (shocking, i know). Did add it to the wishlist though. Curious to see how others will use it