What's new

Spitfire kepler. . .

rottoy

Plebeian
Tried it. Seems like an orchestra concept built around the Doppler effect, if the demo is anything to go by.

OP
Van

Van

Is this the first SPITFIRE demo we’ve seen? Could count some of the LABS as demos I suppose; I think the Whitacre LAB was one...
Very cool.

Last edited:

rottoy

Plebeian
Is the first SPITFIRE demo we’ve seen? Could count some of the LABS as demos I suppose; I think the Whitacre LAB was one...
Very cool.
They "accidentally" sent out a WIP patch of Orchestral Swarm way back, as part of viral marketing.

Cinebient

First impression - I hope I can take the gate off the Basses Doppler

Thought the same...at least i hope for something like Heavyocity deep editing where i could set the slope and speed and of course sync the gate, swell, waves.
Still dreaming of a swell/wave maker which use actually physics and math formulas for custom editing. Kind of real waves of sound indeed.
However, i´m looking forward to see the full editing GUI (i hope there is one deeper behind the demo).

Banquet

To save anyone the bother of downloading, here's a quick demo video from me. It's two patches... both sound quite like warped strings. One is a 5 octave fast tremolo effect, the other is a bass with a slow pitched doppler effect.

HERE is the link if you want to pick it up.

Thank you, as I only have Kontakt player, and the demo needs the full version - that's very helpful! :)

Cinebient

A bit random play with a dry setting (i mean as dry as i can get in the demo with delay, reverb and saturation at minimum) and dynamics about 10-15% to get a more "smooth" sound. Both demo presets triggered at the same time with the same midi notes.
I repeated it with my own reverb a second time with same settings (just a default B2 and a Precedence before to separate it a bit in the space)
So far i think it could be really usable for my needs.

DavidY

Thank you, as I only have Kontakt player, and the demo needs the full version - that's very helpful! :)
The read-me in the download (at least on the Windows side) includes this:
If you use the free Kontakt Player the patch will appear in demo mode and time out after 15 minutes (though you can use them fully for this demo period).

So I guess you could play for 15 minutes at a time to evaluate whether you want to buy the full product, whatever that turns out to be.

Banquet

The read-me in the download (at least on the Windows side) includes this:

So I guess you could play for 15 minutes at a time to evaluate whether you want to buy the full product, whatever that turns out to be.

Thanks, that's interesting. I watched the explanation movie up to the point where it said you needed the full version of Kontakt, but the actual product would work in player. I didn't get further than that! :)

Wally Garten

Yeah, this bass patch is pretty fun.

The LFO or whatever it is that makes the beating sound makes it hard to play chords -- or, at least, the interference makes me a little seasick. I wonder if in the full instrument there will be an option to lock phase, or if it's built into the recordings.

The little demo gift as a teaser is a terrific idea!

nas

A little unsettling receiving an email stating "Your download is ready" when I haven't ordered or requested anything. Ultimately all good, but a bit of an odd marketing strategy in my opinion.

Yeah, I wasn't sure if it was genuine... I honestly though it was SPAM or a hack didn't open it in case there was a virus so I deleted it!

You never know these days.

Scamper

Sample Hooter
So, a library of orchestral movements and effects based on physical phenomena?
The doppler basses and swells in the teasers sound great to me. I'm surprisingly intrigued by this.

Top Bottom