What's new

Spitfire installation problem

kgdrum

“Making a mess & calling it Art is where it’s at!”
Hi
Earlier today I installed British Tool Kit,Woodwind Evo and Epic Strings without any problems.
i just decided to trash Leo Abrahams 1 and 2 and replace with the updated Ambient Guitars,the drive has 170g available.
The download was very slow I restarted and paused a few times to try to get it to run faster
After the dl I got a message :installation error,please contact support.
I see the library looks like it downloaded but didn't unpack.
I trashed the 1st install and then downloaded again, I did not stop or pause the download this time.
The dl completed(again slow dl) and I got the same error message when the files were unzipping :installation error,please contact support.
The weird thing is I installed BritishTool Kit, Woodwinds Evolutions and Epic Strings today without any problems and much faster download speeds. I'm only having a problem with the Ambient Guitars installation.
Any ideas or suggestions while I wait for Spitfire supprt to respond? What will cause a library not to unpack the files?
None of the .lm files seem to have been unpacked.Is there an easy way to get these files unzipped without the installer?
Thanks
KG

Last edited:
I've only had this kind of issue when it turns out I didn't have enough room on the SSD. Given that you said you have 170GB free, I assume you did empty the trash. But that's something simple to check.

That was my first thought,i emptied the trash before the download. I had 170 g before the download & 120g after.
Strange,maybe I should try clearing some more space off of hd,I have some old samples I never use......

Next I tried for the 3rd time, I deleted more libraries & cleared more space on hd (198g available) & tried to install. (empty trash & reboot Mac)
The download went faster but I got the same error message after 3rd attempt .
Any ideas?

Next I tried for the 3rd time, I deleted more libraries & cleared more space on hd (198g available) & tried to install. (empty trash & reboot Mac)
The download went faster but I got the same error message after 3rd attempt .
Any ideas?
Contact support? In my experience they have been very quick, especially with this kind of issue.

Contact support? In my experience they have been very quick, especially with this kind of issue.

Yeah I filed a support request yesterday,I’m just trying to see if I can solve this in the meantime .
Thanks

I hope they get back to you soon! Did you try a different drive by chance? You can download it one place and then move it once it unpacks, at least with the Kontakt libraries.

No unfortunately this is the drive that has the most free space.
I’m thinking of cloning the drive just in case there’s a problem developing with the hd.
I might try your suggestion as well maybe before I try cloning the drive.
To be continued.......

No unfortunately this is the drive that has the most free space.
I’m thinking of cloning the drive just in case there’s a problem developing with the hd.
I might try your suggestion as well maybe before I try cloning the drive.
To be continued.......
You can download it to a basic slow HD and then move it to one of your work drives. I usually download to a back up HD then transfer the library to one of my SSDs. It also cuts down on writes to the SSD.

Top Bottom