What's new

Spitfire HZ Percussion: Worth the Price?

I like that it can sound both modern and classic, depending on which combination of mics and mixes you choose. Great all around library and at 40% off a fantastic deal.

Cineperc and SF Redux are my go-to for conventional, while I use Damage, APE, and a few others for hybrid.

HZ perc is the only perc library I have that I feel is overpriced though. However, I need to keep in mind that it's a specialty library, and has HZ's name on it, which automatically keeps the price high.

Since you have both Spitfire Perc and HZ Perc, do you find either having phase issues while cross-fading rolls?

What are your thoughts on the Timpani in each?

Since you have both Spitfire Perc and HZ Perc, do you find either having phase issues while cross-fading rolls?

What are your thoughts on the Timpani in each?
Honestly, I don't remember hearing any phasing issues. I'll have to double check on that.

The timpani is pretty decent in both libraries. Nothing to write home about though. My biggest gripe is that the detail on the tails can get lost due to the amount of reverb.

Cineperc's and True Strike's timpani are the best in the business, but that's just my humble opinion.

What about LADD? It seems to be quite complete and they are having a sale of 65% discount.
Any thoughts about the library anyone?

I have both HZ Percussion and Spitfire Redux, I almost never use HZ Perc as I somehow don’t find it very playable, something never doesn’t really fit, it is hard to tell why. I like more the Redux Perc lib from Spitfire and use mainly their tonal percussion.

For really big and epic percussion, I use a mix of Action Strikes, 8Dio Taiko Ensemble and NI symphony Series Percussion (Big Hits Kit). For my purposes, this is unbeatable!

Honestly, I don't remember hearing any phasing issues. I'll have to double check on that.

The timpani is pretty decent in both libraries. Nothing to write home about though. My biggest gripe is that the detail on the tails can get lost due to the amount of reverb.

Cineperc's and True Strike's timpani are the best in the business, but that's just my humble opinion.

I wondered why JunkieXL felt the need now to make a percussion library when there is already HZ Percussion and with his mixes in there. If there were ideas for a percussion library, why weren't those included with HZ Percussion during the making of it...guess theres things he's wanting that he isn't getting out of HZ Percussion...which is supposed to be covering a lot of ground.

How can the pro version be much more content against normal version? Is the difference mixes take that amount of gigabites? Because the normal version takes giga less space!

Daniel James made a review of HZP. It comes down, to how I see it myself. Awesome library, which adds something to your scores, but since it doesn’t cover everything, it should be your first library. If you own Komplete Ultimate with Action Strikes and Damage, HZP is really nice upgrade.

Daniel James made a review of HZP. It comes down, to how I see it myself. Awesome library, which adds something to your scores, but since it doesn’t cover everything, it should be your first library. If you own Komplete Ultimate with Action Strikes and Damage, HZP is really nice upgrade.

Sure! But pro or not? Because Daniel James has reviewed the old version of HZP.

Sure! But pro or not? Because Daniel James has reviewed the old version of HZP.
The only real difference between the new and the old versions is, that the old ones were split into ensemble and solo, while the newer ones are split into HZ mixes only and all available mixes. The interfaces and the prepared patches are slightly different, and it seems they changed the layout for the keys (which you can change anyway in the newer versions).

I really like HZP. It really does offer a wide range of sounds. I would definitely recommend getting Pro for the Junkie XL mixes and other artist mixes because you will be able to have so many more options available to you. For instance if you have a part written for Bombos and you're using the Hans Zimmer mix and you're finding it not fit in quite right, by just changing the artist mix or even to the stereo mixes it can change so drastically.

Also with all the artist mixes you get a wide range of styles. So with Alan Meyerson and Geoff Foster, their mixes sound more traditional, but with Junkie XL is far more modern in the mixes.

I really like HZP. It really does offer a wide range of sounds. I would definitely recommend getting Pro for the Junkie XL mixes and other artist mixes because you will be able to have so many more options available to you. For instance if you have a part written for Bombos and you're using the Hans Zimmer mix and you're finding it not fit in quite right, by just changing the artist mix or even to the stereo mixes it can change so drastically.

Also with all the artist mixes you get a wide range of styles. So with Alan Meyerson and Geoff Foster, their mixes sound more traditional, but with Junkie XL is far more modern in the mixes.
Many thanks Benjamin your answer is a great help for the final choice

Could someone advise about whether I’d get any value out of HZP pro at 40% off, if I already own the Heavyocity ensemble series, Damage, Met Ark 1/2/3?
I’m at a stage where I’ve already spent a lot so I want to make sure I get value out of purchases.

The thing I really like with HZP is that you can layer it with other libraries to give it a huge hybrid sound, but on their own they have a very big but natural sound to them!

Top Bottom