What's new

Spitfire harp -- sound stops problem

JohnG

Hi all,

Maybe I'm doing something wrong with Spitfire harp and someone can sort me out.

Problem symptoms:

1. When I play back a recorded sequence that includes pedal information (cc64), harp stops sounding after a while -- maybe 30 seconds -- even if I send "pedal off" and then "pedal on" via CC64.

2. Replaying the articulation choice note (C-2) restores the sound, but it seems that I have to insert one of these between every "pedal off" and "pedal on" CC signals. Which is frustrating and time consuming, especially if I forget and am sending things to client in a rush.

3. Midi is still getting to the harp in Kontakt (in VE Pro) and the volume information (cc11 and cc1 and all that) is not the issue -- moving the volume pedal does not fix the problem. Velocities are all the same, so it's not the midi information.

4. Only happens on playback from DAW, never playing live.

I just re-downloaded the latest version of the harp in case I was missing something, and the problem persists.

On a Mac using Sierra. Thanks for any ideas

Kind regards,

John

Having the exact same issue and also re-downloaded only to have the problem return. (PC, Windows 8.1 Pro)

This regularly happens to me too. I happens the most in the multi patch, but I've had it happen in the nat. patch too.

Check the RAM voice allocation in the Kontakt player main window. It's a needy bastard. I have mine at 1000 or it's a note stealing party until it goes mute and has to be reloaded.

best

ed

Check the RAM voice allocation in the Kontakt player main window. It's a needy bastard. I have mine at 1000 or it's a note stealing party until it goes mute and has to be reloaded.

best

ed

ooh-- hope that does the trick. Although I don't really want to use 1000 voices on the harp!

This usually only happens to me when I'm using the midi chase option in logic. I usually turn it off when writing with this harp since I didn't know any other workaround.
I also have another strange problem that I have to troubleshoot, I always get a weird audio glitch when playing the Slid articulation.. still haven't figured it out.

I have issues with the slide articulation too. All other articulations are fine. Never been able to work it out. I thought I was the only one!

I don't think voice stealing explains what's going on unless I misunderstood you, @ed buller

I watched the number of notes sounding and it never gets above 50 The piece is written in a very slow tempo with the harp playing just arpeggios at points to support the strings; not a glissando-fest or anything.

I sent a ticket and Sandy at Spitfire is helping out; he requested a midi file, which I sent him. I'll let everyone know what he says.

love spitfire products - but this Harp library is unusable for me....
the sound is never right - I;m sure other people use it but for me its sounds to fake.

I don't think voice stealing explains what's going on unless I misunderstood you, @ed buller

I watched the number of notes sounding and it never gets above 50 The piece is written in a very slow tempo with the harp playing just arpeggios at points to support the strings; not a glissando-fest or anything.

I sent a ticket and Sandy at Spitfire is helping out; he requested a midi file, which I sent him. I'll let everyone know what he says.

Ok...well it was happening to me and it turned out to be that. Even though the part was well under 200 it just went silent. The higher voice count fixed it for me

best

e

Even though the part was well under 200 it just went silent. The higher voice count fixed it for me

I did misunderstand your first post; I'll try your method but I want Spitfire to give us an answer too.

love spitfire products - but this Harp library is unusable for me....
the sound is never right - I;m sure other people use it but for me its sounds to fake.

Well it depends on your taste and on what you're writing. It sounds great to me. Try some very low velocities -- less than 25.

I have mine at 1000 or it's a note stealing party until it goes mute and has to be reloaded.

Interestingly, Ed, that didn't work for me. What does work on my setup is frequently re-striking the pitch C-2 (very low) to re-select the articulation. But it's still a pain.

Hopefully Spitfire will do something magic.

Interestingly, Ed, that didn't work for me. What does work on my setup is frequently re-striking the pitch C-2 (very low) to re-select the articulation. But it's still a pain.

Hopefully Spitfire will do something magic.

Odd....do you see the articulation change ?...Do you get the same problems if you just load from"individual brushes"

best

ed

On some patches, when it stops there is an error message in Kontakt's status bar. So I'm guessing it is a scripting issue.

Top Bottom