What's new

Spitfire - Hans Zimmer Strings 24 Hours Left! ENDING Tuesday 5th June 23:59 BST

This, this is what I mean when I talk about Spitfire needlessly flooding the forums. No, I'm not going to save a date. No, I don't care that you're going to announce anything unless you actually announce it. But I have reported this, and so should anybody else.

I don't care if it's the holy grail of music making; if you've got something to announce, then properly announce it, like everybody else. All this pompousness for nothing.

I mean, what is this thread really other than just spam? What does this thread tell me? Why does this thread need to exist? It is useless unless there is actually some info (you know, the reason one makes a thread). This is not even a commercial announcement, because there is nothing commercial being announced. Pointless stuff and wasted space.

I like your products, I really do. But there's a point where this love will change into resentment if you keep acting like this. And I'm sure I'm not the only one, judging from this thread. It will backfire some day.

It is good advice above poster. But you also have to remember Spitfire pay for the commercial service as well so you need to respect that.

I hope Paul & Christian use some of the feedback they see here in the spirit it is meant. Think of it as that one friend who tells you the truth and you wish was your best man at your wedding :grin: not just a bunch of nodding heads at a marketing meeting.

Last edited:
Spitfire audio will be taking over the marketing, social media as well as news releases for Harmonic Subtones emotional violin?

I wonder does everyone here realise that they're doing exactly what Spitfire wants them to do - comment.

By commenting on the thread (whether a good or bad comment), you'll be notified when the product is released (as Spitfire will update the thread) and it makes the "Released" thread look more appealing to check because there are pages of comments already on it. So if you want to "stick it to Spitfire", just don't comment and let the thread die :)

I wonder does everyone here realise that they're doing exactly what Spitfire wants them to do - comment.

By commenting on the thread (whether a good or bad comment), you'll be notified when the product is released (as Spitfire will update the thread) and it makes the "Released" thread look more appealing to check because there are pages of comments already on it. So if you want to "stick it to Spitfire", just don't comment and let the thread die :)

You mean like this? ;)

I’m genuinely surprised at the pointless vitriol on this thread. So a software company, that produces products that you enjoy, has said, ‘hey, there’s something to look forward to at the end of the month’. How egregious! How dare they spoil your precious thread-reading time by letting you know there’s something that you might enjoy? And why didn’t they know that you personally don’t like to be kept waiting - if they make an announcement, you want it NOW! How dare they consider that they’re a business, and that using different approaches to create excitement around their products is not acceptable to YOU. Yes, totally shameless! o_O

I say that I’m surprised, because as a newcomer to this forum, I’ve been really impressed how the threads don’t typically degenerate into flame throwing, as they inevitably do on almost all other discussion sites. It’s a shame this couldn’t be maintained here. I love this forum - it’s been so useful and I’ve learned a lot from the expertise here.

If you’re listening Spitfire, I think your whole approach is wonderful: the engagement you have through Christian’s vlogs, the transparency of Paul’s walkthroughs and the ‘in action’ uses of the libraries, the creative cribs, the charity donations through the Labs, etc etc. Not to mention, your engagement on this forum. Honestly, I go to other companies’ offerings, and you are the standard I now compare them all against. I buy your products not only because I love the quality, but also the philosophy behind the company: composers creating tools first and foremost for their use as composers. I also feel I’m buying into a consumer relationship with a company engaged with its audience. Your products are outstanding and give me hours of enjoyment, for which I’m truly grateful. As to your marketing ploy of teasing by letting us know a reveal coming up in a few weeks - it’s totally transparent and I completely love it! I’m really excited, and thoroughly looking forward to what you’ll show. Keep it up! I’ve been excited about the Eric Whitacre library ever since he announced it, and showed the video of his choir singing ‘Sleep’ in Air Studios. The thought of having that sonic power at my fingertips is mouthwatering, so I’m hoping this is your announcement, but if not, I’m sure it’ll be something I’m trying to convince the wife I REALLY NEED! :2thumbs:

To those complaining about Spitfire’s approach, can I make the controversial suggestion to just not read the thread - they didn’t make it mandatory. Just move on, and realize that what YOU may not like, others may love, and it’s the purpose of the company to sell products, and that different approaches will work for different people. It’s no different than you would do if you had a successful company, and wanted to maximize engagement with your customers.

Now, back to my salivating... it’s the Whitacre library, right? Tell me I’m right! :dancer:

Last edited:
I’m genuinely surprised at the pointless vitriol on this thread. So a software company, that produces products that you enjoy, has said, ‘hey, there’s something to look forward to at the end of the month’. How egregious! How dare they spoil your precious thread-reading time by letting you know there’s something that you might enjoy? And why didn’t they know that you personally don’t like to be kept waiting - if they make an announcement, you want it NOW! How dare they consider that they’re a business, and that using different approaches to create excitement around their products is not acceptable to YOU. Yes, totally shameless! o_O

I say that I’m surprised, because as a newcomer to this forum, I’ve been really impressed how the threads don’t typically degenerate into flame throwing, as they inevitably do on almost all other discussion sites. It’s a shame this couldn’t be maintained here. I love this forum - it’s been so useful and I’ve learned a loot from the expertise here.

If you’re listening Spitfire, I think your whole approach is wonderful: the engagement you have through Christian’s vlogs, the transparency of Paul’s walkthroughs and the ‘in action’ uses of the libraries, the creative cribs, the charity donations through the Labs, etc etc. Not to mention, your engagement on this forum. Honestly, I go to other companies’ offerings, and you are the standard I now compare them all against. I buy your products not only because I love the quality, but also the philosophy behind the company: composers creating tools first and foremost for their use as composers. I also feel I’m buying into a consumer relationship with a company engaged with its audience. Your products are outstanding and give me hours of enjoyment, for which I’m truly grateful. As to your marketing ploy of teasing by letting us know a reveal coming up in a few weeks - it’s totally transparent and I completely love it! I’m really excited, and thoroughly looking forward to what you’ll show. Keep it up! I’ve been excited about the Eric Whitacre library ever since he announced it, and showed the video of his choir singing ‘Sleep’ in Air Studios. The thought of having that sonic power at my fingertips is mouthwatering, so I’m hoping this is your announcement, but if not, I’m sure it’ll be something I’m trying to convince the wife I REALLY NEED! :2thumbs:

To those complaining about Spitfire’s approach, can I make the controversial suggestion to just not read the thread - they didn’t make it mandatory. Just move on, and realize that what YOU may not like, others may love, and it’s the purpose of the company to sell products, and that different approaches will work for different people. It’s no different than you would do if you had a successful company, and wanted to maximize engagement with your customers.

Now, back to my salivating... it’s the Whitacre library, right? Tell me I’m right! :dancer:

Well said Garry - agree 100%

Fingers crossed it's the Whitacre choir. If not, it's Typhon

Those of you jumping to Spitfire's defense have obviously never experienced how brutally intrusive their marketing can be.

It was only a few weeks ago that Paul and Christian, in the grips of their Chamber Evolutions mania, busted through my front door and proceeded to parade around the house shouting about waves and feathering. They absolutely trashed the place and traumatized a number of local children in the neighborhood with their vulgar language. I should also mention that one of them (but I won't say which) was exceedingly intoxicated. In a particularly disturbing moment, he urinated on my dining room carpet. Mid-stream, eyes locked on my own, he smiled deliriously and whispered: "we've got an announcement to make."

These people are a menace.

Top Bottom