What's new

Spitfire - Hans Zimmer Strings 24 Hours Left! ENDING Tuesday 5th June 23:59 BST

AR

Forgive me for not reading through 50 pages...but did Spitfire mention what kinda reverb the Ustwo plugin uses? Is it a stock algorithmic, is it a IR or what?

jononotbono

Luke Johnson
You do realize that Logic has had that for years, right? Probably before Cubase...;)
In Cubase you can set (in preferences) to have a track auto arm when you select it but in Logic you must do that manually and if you forget, Logic's "Capture Recording" feature doesn't work. It's certainly a great time to be alive. Especially if you're a Cubase user ;)

MisteR

Just bought Logic and haven't figured out how to get background capture to work yet. It only works in play mode, which still requires me to remember to press something. If not in play mode, it gives me a single quick midi mush of all the notes I've pressed on bar one. I must be doing something wrong. I'm off to google...

So Cubase retrospective is a bit more user friendly for me so far...

EDIT: This seems to be the way it works? Which means it's not designed for those of us who may be working on an idea before hitting record and want to capture it after the fact--which is what everyone really wants. Logic seems more designed to capture a rehearsal take if you forgot to hit record but were playing to other tracks? I hope to be corrected :confused:. I really hate the Cubase usb key now that I've invested in a Macbook Pro (which of course, to add more annoyance, requires a USB-to-USB-C adapter).

Last edited:

MillsMixx

Production Director/Sound Designer
On the website it says "Hans Zimmer Strings will be a promotional offer for a limited time."
Not totally clear on an actual expiration date of the discount. Do we know if this will expire upon release tomorrow?

muziksculp

Any reason to order before March 28th, besides the book ? I'm guessing the intro price will remain as is for a little while after March 28th.

Anyways.. I'm still unable to evaluate HZ-Strings from the posted videos & audio demos so far. So, I'm surely not rushing to buy it before more videos and audio demos are posted. (Hopefully Soon !)

Vik

Scandi Member
Background capture works exactly how you would expect in Logic. Use it all the time. Don't know what y'all talking about...

No, it never works how I would expect it to work. Unlike Cubase (and maybe other DAWs as well?), you have to press play to make it work. "The Retrospective MIDI Record setting allows you to capture any MIDI notes that you play in Stop mode or during playback and turn them into a MIDI part after the fact. This is possible because Cubase can capture MIDI input in buffer memory, even when not recording."

musicjunk

Any reason to order before March 28th, besides the book ? I'm guessing the intro price will remain as is for a little while after March 28th.

Anyways.. I'm still unable to evaluate HZ-Strings from the posted videos & audio demos so far. So, I'm surely not rushing to buy it before more videos and audio demos are posted. (Hopefully Soon !)
hm i am not sure if the intro price still will be avalible after march 28th but i think you could be right and its still introprice after official release.
normally i would never preorder a plugin when i am not sure if its the right for me. I wait a bit and study the videos or take a look at some early review on yt.
but in this case i preordered after listening the first 3 videos. But its only my 3rd preorder after omnisphere 2 and sd3 :)
i am sure some more videos will be released in a couple of hours.

lucky909091

I am totally keen on the "HZ-fan-book".
Will this be a printed book sent to all the Spitfire early-bird-users around the world?
Or will this be only a PDF document?
I am so excited......

Top Bottom