What's new

Spitfire Earth Edna...Thoughts?

OP
Parsifal666

Parsifal666

I don't even own a DAW, I'm just a troll.
Another interesting option, if you're considering getting into the East West composer cloud deal (and it's a pretty damn useful deal if you ask me) is Ghostwriter. Good and varied guitars, experimental stuff. A whole band with some pretty inspired options. I love it.

brentm

Thanks for the recommendation of CG. I'll go thru the videos and reviews and see what I think. Very expensive library. I'm not getting into EW. Went the NI/Kontakt route and am happy. I may end up just sticking with omni. We'll see.

Mmmm....as well as not being into edm I'm also an atheist.

Last edited:

Saxer

What I really miss in EDNA is a step sequencer and an arpeggiator. This left/right/gate thing is nice for some Efx or to move a pad but for my taste it's very overused in the patches. LFOs doesn't replace triggered notes.

synthpunk

If your a Logic X user, the Logic Arpeggiator is pretty good.

There are many arpeggiator/pattern sequencers out there.
http://graywolf2004.net/wp/
http://www.kirnuarp.com/
http://www.pentacom.jp/pentacom/arpg8r/
http://www.mucoder.net/en/hypercyclic/

What I really miss in EDNA is a step sequencer and an arpeggiator. This left/right/gate thing is nice for some Efx or to move a pad but for my taste it's very overused in the patches. LFOs doesn't replace triggered notes.

Vastman

we make the future
Owned this library since it's intro... loved it then updated it. Spitfire's convoluted instructions {or maybe I'm just stupid) resulted in the library no longer working

I emailed spitfire... asking for a redownload. I've done this on a couple libraries I've messed up... They've never bothered responding Haven't pushed it as life is in turmoil at the moment but I'm taking a break from any more purchases from them... kinda pissed but have so many other wonderful things from responsive companies that I'll just save money with the temptation tempered by a company which ignores me...spent way too much with them to be ignored...

Carbs

Owned this library since it's intro... loved it then updated it. Spitfire's convoluted instructions {or maybe I'm just stupid) resulted in the library no longer working

I emailed spitfire... asking for a redownload. I've done this on a couple libraries I've messed up... They've never bothered responding Haven't pushed it as life is in turmoil at the moment but I'm taking a break from any more purchases from them... kinda pissed but have so many other wonderful things from responsive companies that I'll just save money with the temptation tempered by a company which ignores me...spent way too much with them to be ignored...
You can actually refresh the libraries you own yourself. When you sign into the spitfire downloader, you'll see a list of libraries you own. After installing a library once, it'll be under the "Installed" area (if you own any you've yet to download, those will be listed first).

So, if you want to reinstall a library, click on said library and then in the menu bar click on "refresh library" (going by memory, but I just did it yesterday so it's semi fresh, lol).

It'll ask if you want to refresh the whole library or just the latest update. If your download is screwed up I would recommend refreshing the entire library.

After you do that, the library will reappear under the downloads section of the Spitfire downloader, and you can proceed to download. I really appreciate that they have this feature, especially compared to some other companies where you are either SOL or have to pay a fee.

OP
Parsifal666

Parsifal666

I don't even own a DAW, I'm just a troll.
If your a Logic X user, the Logic Arpeggiator is pretty good.

There are many arpeggiator/pattern sequencers out there.
http://graywolf2004.net/wp/
http://www.kirnuarp.com/
http://www.pentacom.jp/pentacom/arpg8r/
http://www.mucoder.net/en/hypercyclic/
There are also excellent vsts like Xfer Cthulhu. It comes with something of a learning curve, but the results are very satisfactory and delightfully wide ranging. Just try out the presets, you might spend the afternoon just doing that, it's definitely that cool :)

Vastman

we make the future
You can actually refresh the libraries you own yourself. When you sign into the spitfire downloader, you'll see a list of libraries you own. After installing a library once, it'll be under the "Installed" area (if you own any you've yet to download, those will be listed first).

So, if you want to reinstall a library, click on said library and then in the menu bar click on "refresh library" (going by memory, but I just did it yesterday so it's semi fresh, lol).

It'll ask if you want to refresh the whole library or just the latest update. If your download is screwed up I would recommend refreshing the entire library.

After you do that, the library will reappear under the downloads section of the Spitfire downloader, and you can proceed to download. I really appreciate that they have this feature, especially compared to some other companies where you are either SOL or have to pay a fee.

Thanks, carbs... It's been awhile so this is something new since continuata I guess... Now that I'm back in town I'll try this. Appreciate your feedback!

Satorious

I'm sure this is a good library. However I'm experiencing so many 'working on data sample cache' messages when I load patches. Also when I hold down patches (eg. the 'Dropping into destiny' patch in the Synthetic Orchestral) - it cuts our after a few seconds. Absolutely infuriating! I'm pretty sure the antivirus scanning (which is turned off, has exceptions etc) + drive speed aren't the problem. I don't have this problem with any other kontakt instrument/library - even process heavy-monsters like the Dronar modules.

Does anyone have any ideas as I'm finding this completely unworkable at the moment (and I really want to use that 'Dropping into destiny' patch!) :)

RandomComposer

I'm sure this is a good library. However I'm experiencing so many 'working on data sample cache' messages when I load patches. Also when I hold down patches (eg. the 'Dropping into destiny' patch in the Synthetic Orchestral) - it cuts our after a few seconds. Absolutely infuriating! I'm pretty sure the antivirus scanning (which is turned off, has exceptions etc) + drive speed aren't the problem. I don't have this problem with any other kontakt instrument/library - even process heavy-monsters like the Dronar modules.

Does anyone have any ideas as I'm finding this completely unworkable at the moment (and I really want to use that 'Dropping into destiny' patch!) :)
I might be stating the obvious here, but have you done a batch resave?

redlester

On the web site it says Earth is NKS compatible, but it's not showing up in Komplete Kontrol on my system. Anyone else have KK and can confirm this, or do I have a problem with it?

Edit: Have managed to add it by going to Preferences>Library and adding it as a User library. But it won't show up under Factory Libraries (which my several other Spitfire libraries do). Very strange.

Last edited:

KarlHeinz

Hi redlester, works on my system and you really need KK for the style based presets (named "cartridges" before like "dark" for example) cause they wont show up in the kontakt preset folders. I would assume that you might not have updated previews for it. Not really sure how you can manage this, maybe look in native access if there is an update for Komplete Kontrol or do a rescan, but I am really not sure on this, maybe someone else with more knowledge can help for solving this.

Mornats

On the web site it says Earth is NKS compatible, but it's not showing up in Komplete Kontrol on my system. Anyone else have KK and can confirm this, or do I have a problem with it?

Edit: Have managed to add it by going to Preferences>Library and adding it as a User library. But it won't show up under Factory Libraries (which my several other Spitfire libraries do). Very strange.
Mine shows up in KK fine but I bought it after the update came out. If you bought it before did you grab the updated version from Spitfire?

Geoff Grace

I have a question for anyone who owns both eDNA Earth and Omnisphere. Do you find that eDNA Earth is mostly redundant for Omnisphere users, or does it add something significant that's not obvious at first glance?

Best,

Geoff

redlester

Very strange. I bought it several months ago, then installed the update when it came out recently. Everything is working fine, and it works in KK as a User library, just not as a Factory library. Even as a User library, not all of the sounds have previews, but I get that with some other Spitfire libraries as well.

HeliaVox

You can only refresh a certain amount of times before you're locked out of doing it anymore. I'm in the same boat, the instructions werent complete on how to update, and now none of my "cartridges" work anymore. I just don't have the time or energy to deal with this right now.

Brian2112

I had to use an NI unreg tool from Native Instruments (somewhere on the ni site I think..I’m away from my computer now). Then just re-install using native access. You don’t need to delete or download anything new, just enter the serial and locate the library on your HD. Then it shows up in KK.

Top Bottom