What's new

Spitfire Chamber Strings 50% off?

looks like the best deal on the product yet, right? Probably better than intro or Wishlist sale?

@jbuhler - you get a lot of mileage out of SCS right? I hear they blend well with the Olafur libraries.

Also wondering if Pro is worth it.

looks like the best deal on the product yet, right? Probably better than intro or Wishlist sale?

@jbuhler - you get a lot of mileage out of SCS right? I hear they blend well with the Olafur libraries.
Yeah, SCS is my base string library for pretty much everything. I don't have CSS, though.

This is a great deal. I find I use the extra mics in the pro version on this all the time—the stereo mics are a good alternative starting point to the tree, the outriggers good for width, the alt mics give even more possibilities. Gallery gives real distance, etc. The CTA set-up of the base library is still excellent, but I do find I use these extra mics more than with those in the SSO series (though I use the stereo mixes there a lot too).

Good timing. I just thought that I'll probably buy Spitfire Chamber Strings if the price is right during the spring wishlist sale.

Ooh, tempting! I have been eyeing these for a while now, but lately I thought I maybe should go the Spitfire Studio route... But these for 350... Only thing withholding me (besides, well, the money) is that I already might have enough strings with LCO, OACE and Spitfire Solo Strings... I always fear redunancy, especially when money is involved.

Ooh, tempting! I have been eyeing these for a while now, but lately I thought I maybe should go the Spitfire Studio route... But these for 350... Only thing withholding me (besides, well, the money) is that I already might have enough strings with LCO, OACE and Spitfire Solo Strings... I always fear redundancy, especially when money is involved.
SCS is not at all redundant with any of the strings you mention. Indeed, the library is a most excellent complement. It would be a different question if you already owned Studio Strings, but even there, I think SCS has quite a lot to offer.

Wow. Sorely tempted by this, but I just don't know if I can justify it after going in on the Studio series, and waiting to upgrade that to the Professional package.

I was looking at SCS or CSS as my core library (since I have CSSS - long story). Didn't think I would have to make the decision until black Friday. :emoji_see_no_evil: Haha. Time to do some critical listening and research since this would be the best offer on SCS.

Hmm. Thought I owned the SCS (not pro) but it turns out it is the Studio Strings. I probably will really think about this but end up not getting it, as also I got the Symphonic Strings and solo strings during the wishlist sale. Very tempting though.

I was looking at SCS or CSS as my core library (since I have CSSS - long story). Didn't think I would have to make the decision until black Friday. :emoji_see_no_evil: Haha. Time to do some critical listening and research since this would be the best offer on SCS.
Are you not a fan of CSSS? I use it for live perf and prefer it to CSS.

Top Bottom