Spitfire Chamber Strings 50% off?

Discussion in 'DEALS, DEALS, DEALS!' started by Carson, Mar 19, 2019.

1. krops

krops Active Member

Sep 4, 2014
    On the fence here (probably till the very last seconds, like last year, when I removed Tundra from my cart just before the sale ended). My first inclination was to compulsively buy SCS, but I got cold feet at the very last step (finalising in PayPal).

How much value would you all say SCS adds if you've already got SSS? I'm but a rank amateur no matter how you look at it, and I don't have any particular predilection for chamber music as such, but I like what I hear, and the idea of layering with SSS is intriguing.

2. kyleogren

kyleogren Member

Mar 20, 2019
    I can’t recommend SCS enough. The detail in the samples is astounding - intimate/non-grandiose string arrangements come so naturally with the delicate sampling. I firmly believe no matter what other string libraries you have, SCS should have a place in everybody’s collection. And of course, it will layer well with SSS. :) win win!

3. jbuhler

jbuhler Senior Member

Jun 19, 2016
    US
    i find SCS much more versatile than SSS, and in some ways it makes sense to think about SSS as an add on to SCS when you want more heft. SCS does give a chamber sound but it also gives bite and agility that is very useful even larger arrangements.

kyleogren likes this.
  4. fiction

fiction Member

Dec 21, 2018
    Was thinking of getting the core version because I don’t have much drive space left but since it’s two separate downloads I might aswell get everything now.
    I’m really enjoying css and think this would be the perfect strings to layer with them and get a slightly different vibe.

5. Vik

Vik Scandi Member

Dec 15, 2013
    I haven't used SSS much after I got SCS, but SCS has become a main library along with a few others. The legatos are clearly better in SCS, there are more ensembles in SCS if you need them, and most people who know both libraries well (including the Spitfire team) seem to chose SCS over SSS.

SCS sounds more believable/expressive than SSS in my opinion, and layers well with both SSS, with itself, and with and other libraries - like CSS and Berlin Strings. If it weren't for the fact that SCS needs 470 gb disk space when being installed, I would have bought the upgrade from core to pro today. (I need a new SSD for that, and already have 5 drives on my Mac Pro, no empty slots).

SCS is probably the most popular library in it's price range, meaning that buying it for half the price certainly makes sense - if you need it.

transverb likes this.
  6. Robert_G

Robert_G It really is just an expensive hobby for me

Feb 6, 2019
    I wish this sale would end. I don't know how many times I've had the mouse ready to point and click the purchase.

7. whiskers

whiskers Perpetual student

Sep 5, 2018
    US
    Go for a walk, enjoy the weather.

leave your phone for 150 mins

Robert_G likes this.
  8. krops

krops Active Member

Sep 4, 2014
    Heh! When I aborted the payment at PayPal and went back to Spitfire, I was greeted with a message: "having trouble paying?", or something to that effect. They really want my money. Shockingly, I've done just fine without Tundra in the year that has passed since the first Apex sale, but the feeling that this is a one time offer is a little agonising. Then again, I don't even have enough SSD space for the library.

transverb and Robert_G like this.
  9. sostenuto

sostenuto Big NKS Fan !

Mar 10, 2017
    St George, UT USA
    1) Pour a stiff double shot
    2) position mouse over PAY NOW
    3) Left CLICK
    4) Deep breath and drink shot
    5) ENJOY !! :sleep:

10. dzilizzi

dzilizzi I know nothing

Feb 27, 2017
    Somewhere near Los Angeles
    Why do I keep coming here? I don't really need this. But I do have some extra money in the budget this month. Sigh.

And? Sometimes it is nice to have lots of choices when trying to find a sound that matches what you hear in your head.

whiskers likes this.
  11. damcry

damcry Member

Mar 10, 2018
    For people still hesitating :

Don’t make the mistake to miss such a deal !!!

dzilizzi and whiskers like this.
  12. whiskers

Sep 5, 2018
    US
    Alternate option...

1. Buy 10 shares of CVS
    2. Wait 3 years
    3. ...
    4. Profit

5. (optional) spend said profits on VIs

dzilizzi likes this.
  13. dzilizzi

dzilizzi I know nothing

Feb 27, 2017
    I should do that anyway. I have some cash in my brokerage account that I haven't had time to figure out what to do with.

whiskers likes this.
  14. dzilizzi

dzilizzi I know nothing

Feb 27, 2017
    Did you buy the pro version or just the regular?

whiskers likes this.
  15. whiskers

Sep 5, 2018
    US
    Pro (hence the roughly 10 share price equivalent :))

Figured it was the cheapest I was likely to see pro for a while, and I need a better daily driver for strings anyway

dzilizzi likes this.
  16. miket

miket Team Dany

May 17, 2016
    New York
    People who want to buy it, but don't need it: you can always give it to me. I'd be glad to help out.

jbuhler and whiskers like this.
  17. whiskers

Sep 5, 2018
    US
    Couldn't even if they wanted to hahaha

18. miket

miket Team Dany

May 17, 2016
    New York
    They can exercise their compulsion to buy with my account! I'm trusting.

dzilizzi and whiskers like this.
  19. dzilizzi

dzilizzi I know nothing

Feb 27, 2017
    whiskers likes this.
  20. damcry

damcry Member

Mar 10, 2018
    Dear Lord,
    Forgive the ones who will not get SCS at 50% off ...

dzilizzi likes this.