What's new

Spitfire Chamber Strings 50% off?

dzilizzi

I know nothing
Actually I don't like that they are giving me a set exchange rate, with Brexit I think it's better than they are quoting, but I didn't check for sure.
I've actually found that for dollars, they are a reasonable equivalent, since the pounds and euros prices usually include tax of some kind.

Still considering this library as it would be nice to have more control of each section. I have SSS right now and my main frustration with it is that it doesn’t auto-divisi. Then again sometimes I think strings sound better when they’re layered and I tend to layer SSS on top of itself quite a bit. Perhaps I’m approaching this all the wrong way as I’m relatively new to sample libraries

dzilizzi

I know nothing
Still considering this library as it would be nice to have more control of each section. I have SSS right now and my main frustration with it is that it doesn’t auto-divisi. Then again sometimes I think strings sound better when they’re layered and I tend to layer SSS on top of itself quite a bit. Perhaps I’m approaching this all the wrong way as I’m relatively new to sample libraries
I'm new as well, but I've learned that layering the same stuff just makes it louder not fuller. So you do want multiple different sections to make the fuller sound. And usually, using the first and second violins will do it because they are different enough.

Edit: I realize that might not have been clear. I use HWS with my SSS to make it fuller sounding. They go together well but aren't the same samples. I would think the SCS would also not be the same sample and could be layered well with SSS.

sostenuto

Big NKS Fan !
Fuzzy on what is allowed here, but no SAMPLE Talk Thread …. :barefoot:
Leaning strongly toward CSC purchase, yet many assorted orchestral /other libs, purchased over time.

Would be embarrassed beyond belief, to see/hear what a talent like Sascha Knorr could produce from only what is already in my inventory. :speechless:

And here I am pondering over another $350. to $500. addition ….. ;)

ysnyvz

And here I am pondering over another $350. to $500. addition …..
You're not alone. I lost the count of strings libraries I own. I saw the sale, went to website, added to cart and thought something is wrong with the price. Then I checked my purchase history. Turns out I got Sable Ensembles long time ago and forgot about it. Long story short I just bought SCS for $290.

michelsimons

You're not alone. I lost the count of strings libraries I own. I saw the sale, went to website, added to cart and thought something is wrong with the price. Then I checked my purchase history. Turns out I got Sable Ensembles long time ago and forgot about it. Long story short I just bought SCS for $290.
I checked it since I already own Sable Ensembles as well and indeed it was 290 euros in stead of 349 euros. Still didn't get it though, but a not too shabby extra discount.

StillLife

Well, bought it (core version)!
I stopped comparing it to other libraries as I realized that the other string libraries I have (Spitfire Solo Strings, LCO, OACE) all are tailored to go with SCS. It seems to be the missing mothership. Thanks for the discount, Spitfire.

sostenuto

Big NKS Fan !
Well, bought it (core version)!
I stopped comparing it to other libraries as I realized that the other string libraries I have (Spitfire Solo Strings, LCO, OACE) all are tailored to go with SCS. It seems to be the missing mothership. Thanks for the discount, Spitfire.
Hmmmmm …… mothership ….. could be single key descriptor pushing me off the wall. :notworthy:
Have eleven miscellaneous SF libs, plus all LABS. Emphasis on SCS compatibility is key reminder. ;)

jbuhler

Heh, heh …… have +$150. preloaded in on-screen calculator for these promo purchase decisions ! :P
If it's a 1TB SSD you are buying, then you should factor in the size of the library as part of the calculation. $150x.312=$46.80, so round up to $50 for headroom...

sostenuto

Big NKS Fan !
If it's a 1TB SSD you are buying, then you should factor in the size of the library as part of the calculation. $150x.312=$46.80, so round up to $50 for headroom...
1TB for sure, as SATA ports begin to be a limitation lately. May soon be 2TB SSD minimum !! :crying:

tebling

How is the pro version structured if you buy it all at once? My version is partitioned in the Spitfire App into the base library and an expansion pack, so I can actually download only the base library if I want to.
When buying it all at once it's still two separate downloads. In my case, if I only grabbed the base library I'd likely forget that I owned the expansion until I Really Needed It, and then be faced with an ill timed mega download. Better to take the hit all at once.

whiskers

Perpetual student
How is the pro version structured if you buy it all at once? My version is partitioned in the Spitfire App into the base library and an expansion pack, so I can actually download only the base library if I want to.
not sure, haven't downloaded it yet :). Will probably be not until April I do.

Top Bottom