What's new

SPITFIRE - British Drama Toolkit Promo Price ENDING in 24 Hours!

Again and again, Homay's Audio /Demo tracks provide such powerful exposure to most new Libraries, without additional fanfare …. IMHO.
Seeing one of her typical, classy videos, explaining her approach and content, would be a most welcome addition _ SOON! :whistling:

Wow - just watching Christian’s walkthrough now... oh, just heart-wrenching. Really emotional quality to this is so impressive.

Do want....

[The forces fighting inside him were gigantic, but despite his will, like a mountain slowly moving, he knew he has become a Spitfire fanboy at the very moment he pushed play on this Youtube walkthroughs]

You got me Spitfire guys, I'm not as strong as I thought...

excellent concept, love this! beautiful sounding!
are These new recordings? do I get an upgrade Discount when I own already certain spitfireaudio libraries?

Early in my Spitfire collection process, and delighted to note CH's usage of Albion_Tundra in the BDT video. :thumbsup:
Gives me an early leg-up and makes BDT an instant add. Velocity emphasis plays heavily into my Keyboard-focused work.
I am severely MIDI-challenged and grateful for tools of this ilk ! :cool:

And here's why this is such a no brainer for me:

First - the orchestral swarm Clarinet Whisper patch left me completely in awe of its texture, completely sold on the notion of clarinet textures, and well primed for any library that would dramatically expand the textured clarinet concept (I like the woodwind evo, but despite some superficial similarities, I really don't think it's the same concept at all). I was actually really hoping BDT would somehow be something like "Albion VI : at the edge of clarinets" (which I would instinctively buy just as instantly - because who wouldn't want an all clarinet library with enough range to for all-clarinet arrangements of Part?)

But additionally, I've also been spending a lot of time with the new solo strings getting to know its nuances, which are equally amazing.

And one of the sweet spots of SsS is in its ability to reply subtlety add delicate fine details on a more impressionistic textural background.

So what really sealed the BDT concept for me is this notion of the top velocity layer as what I'd call a kind of "middle detail" brush. More textural that finely sampled SsS legatos, but more detail than an evo or Albion V.

Perhaps I'm leaning a bit heavily on the painting metaphor , but beyond the visceral response to the textures of this library, this concept of a "middle detail brush" just instinctively feels a layer of brush detail that I didn't even know I was missing.

And here's why this is such a no brainer for me:

First - the orchestral swarm Clarinet Whisper patch left me completely in awe of its texture, completely sold on the notion of clarinet textures, and well primed for any library that would dramatically expand the textured clarinet concept (I like the woodwind evo, but despite some superficial similarities, I really don't think it's the same concept at all). I was actually really hoping BDT would somehow be something like "Albion VI : at the edge of clarinets" (which I would instinctively buy just as instantly - because who wouldn't want an all clarinet library with enough range to for all-clarinet arrangements of Part?)

But additionally, I've also been spending a lot of time with the new solo strings getting to know its nuances, which are equally amazing.

And one of the sweet spots of SsS is in its ability to reply subtlety add delicate fine details on a more impressionistic textural background.

So what really sealed the BDT concept for me is this notion of the top velocity layer as what I'd call a kind of "middle detail" brush. More textural that finely sampled SsS legatos, but more detail than an evo or Albion V.

Perhaps I'm leaning a bit heavily on the painting metaphor , but beyond the visceral response to the textures of this library, this concept of a "middle detail brush" just instinctively feels a layer of brush detail that I didn't even know I was missing.
It does seem to be a great match with Orchestral Swarm and the Olafur EVOs.

I'm feeling the same about this as most other Spitfire orch based samples- incredible sounding recordings and instruments, crap programming on the transitions between notes. For guys that record real orchestras so often, I just don't get why they settle for instruments that end up sounding so fake whenever you actually have to change notes... which, as it turns out, is often. You can't just smother things in copious amounts of reverb and think it's sufficient in covering up shortcomings. Nice price on this one, though. And the swarm patches used as texture pads sound like they'd be worth the investment.

I'm excited to see what more talented composers than myself can do with this, but just in case its of interest to anyone, here's a quick experiment where I'm mostly curious about how BDT might work with SsS.

In Christian's video he talks about "opening that aperture" via tundra - and if you listen closely I'm going for a bit of that with some of the Olafur chamber waves and just a touch of Tundra legato strings.

But mostly I'm try to see what happens if we go the other way and "focus the aperture", or maybe "resolve a foreground" to follow the photographic metaphor. Or sketch in some fine brush details over the impressionistic watercolour wash of the BDT texture, if you're inclined to a more painterly metaphor.

A very preliminary bit of noodling. But some interesting surprises.

Last edited:
Top Bottom