What's new

Spitfire Black Friday Sale!

Definitely useful :) Are you still in two minds to buy some SF stuff before the sale ends?

What are you looking at?
With the exception of the Ton, I'm honestly struggling to find anything i really want, but i've been a bit fixated on Aperture ever since i got their strings.

I'd totally skip this sale and just wait for the Christmas sale next month if it wasn't for that stupid raptor! :laugh:

With the exception of the Ton, I'm honestly struggling to find anything i really want, but i've been a bit fixated on Aperture ever since i got their strings.

I'd totally skip this sale and just wait for the Christmas sale next month if it wasn't for that stupid raptor! :laugh:
I'm in the same situation. I've been looking at LCO Textures but that only gets me half way to the Aperture Orchestra :)

It’s pretty cool, and it’s making me feel that I made a mistake and I should have gotten Albion ONE instead of Abbey Road 😔

Did you get AR1?

I think I just prefer the sound of AIR. And AR1 sounds a bit too distant for my taste now that I have it under my fingers. These are first impressions though, I need to spend more time with it.

Definitely having a lot of fun with Aperture Orchestra!

But it would be significantly more powerful if there were an option to decouple the "aperture" control from the dynamics. Right now, the string quartet layers are quite soft, and the full orchestra layers are balls to the wall. Being able to maintain a similar dynamics level as you increase the size of the aperture would be more usable IMO. Or even something weird like starting at full dynamics with the string quartet and gradually decreasing the dynamics as you go through the chamber strings, symphonic strings, and full orchestra layers. That could be interesting.

It would also make for a much larger library, and require more programming work.

I actually do hope that these Aperture libraries are a way for Spitfire to gauge interest in a much more comprehensive paid library in this style.

It’s pretty cool, and it’s making me feel that I made a mistake and I should have gotten Albion ONE instead of Abbey Road 😔

I am between getting BHCT or Albion ONE just to get the aperture. But it feels like paying 100eu extra just to get it... barely a freebie at this point, when the Xmas sale is just around the corner.

I think I just prefer the sound of AIR. And AR1 sounds a bit too distant for my taste now that I have it under my fingers. These are first impressions though, I need to spend more time with it.
Is that when using the close mics? I haven't tried anything but the main mix yet.

Top Bottom