What's new

Spitfire Black Friday Sale!

The pro version is worth it too...you will probably want the extra mics and instruments down the line...

The download of my BBCSO Pro Upgrade is relatively slow.
In the app, it is showing between 10-30 Mbps (I have got a 100 Mbit connection, which currently reaches ~90 Mbit). However, when monitoring the network activity, I see that it actually loads faster (often reaching the maximum of ~90 Mbit) - when it loads. But it is not constantly loading, but instead downloading in kind of "bursts", e.g. loading for some seconds, then pausing, resuming, pausing... sadly, the breaks when not downloading are longer than when loading.

Spitfire_Download.png

Anyone else experiencing such behaviour of the app?
Any tips for tweaking? I already excluded the Samples directory and the Spitfire app from the Antivirus (Microsoft Defender).

acccck. To complete 'The Black Weekend' or not?

I already have Orchestra Swarm, so its EWC and Tundra @ $564. Assuming both titles are 40% off December, that's $630 - so its a better deal to buy them now. However, Tundra overlaps a lot of my current collection (Neo, BDT, Swarmy stuff), so it's really not been on my list. In contrast, I've wanted EWC for a long time.

So, if EWC goes on sale @40% ($360) I'd probably feel better just spending/getting that. Not that I wouldn't use Tundra, I mean come on. Damnit. Hmmmmm

After a long internal debate... I finally went for AR1 instead of Albion ONE. Not so much for the room (I really like AIR) but to have the extra dynamic layers and mics. I hope that was the right choice... Downloading now 👯‍♀️

After a long internal debate... I finally went for AR1 instead of Albion ONE. Not so much for the room (I really like AIR) but to have the extra dynamic layers and mics. I hope that was the right choice... Downloading now 👯‍♀️

When you get it, load up the percussion patch and shift click every articulation. Proceed to bang on the keyboard. I guarantee a smile. 😁

I am considering upgrading to Pro today. I know an update is around the corner. Should I buy now and wait to DL until the update, or do you think the update is an add on?

I am considering upgrading to Pro today. I know an update is around the corner. Should I buy now and wait to DL until the update, or do you think the update is an add on?
Spitfire have never charged for an update in the past I believe, no reason to expect otherwise here.

Not talking about paid or unpaid. Just wondering if we will have to re-download everything.
Oh gotchya, I would assume it's an update and not a whole redownload but I don't know how Spitfire is handling that with their own player.

Oh gotchya, I would assume it's an update and not a whole redownload but I don't know how Spitfire is handling that with their own player.

LABS uses the Spitfire player, and new releases download into the same folder, automatically showing up. There was an update to Symphonic Motions shortly after release, it was just bugfixes IIRC, but also just downloaded the new content. Same for other products that I've had which have been updated since I owned them, but they were all Kontakt libraries. There was a very large update to Albion ONE about 2 years ago (before I got it), and it added a large amount of content, and it also only required downloading the new stuff.

I highly doubt the BBCSO update will require a full redownload. That doesn't really make much sense, since their installer obviously has the capability to merge in updates and new content.

Do you guys wish that they release all the Aperture parts as one library one day?
I do not have a need to buy anything at the moment yet I feel kind of forced to buy something just to get Aperture Orchestra.

Top Bottom