Spitfire Bespoke private range libraries

Discussion in 'SAMPLE Talk' started by valexnerfarious, May 2, 2019.

1. BenG

BenG Senior Member

Geez, this is such a blast from the past! Remember hearing these years ago, thanks for sharing!!!

2. barteredbride

barteredbride New Member

Oct 19, 2018
    But in seriousness, many thanks modiel for taking the time to find these and upload them.

3. AlexanderSchiborr

AlexanderSchiborr Senior Member

May 1, 2014
    I am sorry, I appreciate the fact you grab those old examples for demonstration and maybe my ears are totally impaired by the long working day in the studio but if that are "sampled" patches from the that bespoke ranges I am the great cornholio and need some tp for my bungholio.

For me all of those examples sound like short live performance snippets and not like patches from a sample library at all. If that are the patches then spitfire definitely did something completely right there in every aspect, but totally wrong with many if not all of their releases after that particular bespoke range release. Correct me if I am totally wrong.

Sean likes this.
  4. Scamper

Scamper Active Member

Dec 11, 2014
    Yeah, I mean at the end of the Bond example, you can hear them laughing, so it seems much like a live performance. Maybe this was just meant to show the sound of the room and setup.

5. modiel

modiel New Member

Mar 13, 2015
    Toulouse
    I really think these are from the bespoke range, and are not live performances. That's how they presented it in their blog years ago actually.

Maybe @paulthomson could confirm this ?

It's too bad I lost the strings examples because it was way more obvious on these files, and we were able to hear way more it's samples. About the laugh at the end of one of the trumpet examples, I guess they just added a laugh recorded during the sessions to make it sound more in context and like a real performance. Also you can hear on the oboe file a crossfade between the layers around 00:03 - 00:04.

On the second trumpet example, not the Bond one, you also can hear the staccato sample at the end of the up run playing a bit at the same time as the arrival note (the repetitions). It's around 00:26-00:27

Last edited: May 16, 2019
  6. rottoy

rottoy Plebeian

May 12, 2013
    I think it's still fairly obvious that it's samples, albeit very well put together.

miket, modiel and Karma like this.
  7. AllanH

AllanH Senior Member

Oct 11, 2015
    Central Coast California
    The "Bond trumpet" is really quite a bit more alive than anything I can do with my sample libraries.

8. clisma

clisma Active Member

Apr 13, 2015
    These are very good but unless someone can prove it, I remain convinced of their sampled nature. The Oboe for one while stunning, performs with much the same dynamic range throughout the example. And I think a real player would take an extra breath in some of those spots.

The trumpet sounds great again, but some of the transitions seem exaggerated in the first example, and repetitive. Not usually the way a live player would play.

9. Ollie

Ollie Member

Oct 11, 2014
    you can hear some old demos here: https://web.archive.org/web/20121013141634/http://www.spitfireaudio.com/demos

Ian Dorsch likes this.
  10. erica-grace

erica-grace Senior Member

Sep 7, 2015
    WOW - those sound great!

Maybe you can answer Alexander's question, and speak to whether or not those are all individual samples, or if there are any performances in there?

ooh - nevermind - I see you already addressed this.

Last edited: May 16, 2019
  11. rocking.xmas.man

rocking.xmas.man Active Member