1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SPITFIRE - Available NOW! Alternative Solo Strings

Discussion in 'COMMERCIAL Announcements' started by Spitfire Team, Feb 13, 2018.

1. EuropaWill

EuropaWill Senior Member

Aug 24, 2016
    Doesn't look like part of the artisan series or they'd call it that no? Sacconni has many poorly edited release samples that captured the exhalation of the performer. Lets hope they were more stringent this time around and gave us 4 octaves per instrument, multiple velocity and non-vib / vibrato layers and 6+ RR's... On the tone front they never seem to disappoint its just putting it all together and cleaning everything up for final package where things can fall short.

2. Johann F.

Johann F. Senior Member

Jun 30, 2017
    I think it is. Someone commented on youtube that Spitfire changed the video description, so I googled the url as suggested:

[​IMG]

That's some next level speculation. :rofl:

josephspirits and kimarnesen like this.
  3. prodigalson

prodigalson Senior Member

Nov 14, 2013
    hmm strange. if this is a repackaging of the Artisans then why keep the original Artisan available? I guess all will become clear on thursday

4. GtrString

GtrString Senior Member

Dec 10, 2016
    Denmark
    Looking forward to hear it. If it is an evolution of the first solo lib, and it is flexible to mix with, it could be my first Spitfire library.

5. josephspirits

josephspirits Member

Nov 22, 2017
    Yeah I have no idea, just seemed like "Alternative Strings" might be a re-branding of the Artisan strings.

6. Rob Elliott

Rob Elliott Senior Member

Kinda passed over the original release...BUT, this just might get me to jump into the Artisan series. Hopefully there will be bundle option to consider.

7. procreative

procreative Senior Member

Mar 12, 2013
    United Kingdom
    Well if you want to mimic Christians vibe in his Inside No 9 soundtracks, this is the one for that late night edgy TV show thing...

8. OP
    OP
    Spitfire Team

Spitfire Team Senior Member

Mar 5, 2015
  9. Casiquire

Casiquire Senior Member

May 7, 2013
    THIS is an announcement! Sounds great guys, can't wait to learn and hear more.

10. EuropaWill

EuropaWill Senior Member

Aug 24, 2016
    Sounds nice for a slow moving soundscape vibe. Does this demo show the library in its most intended light? Is this alternate solo strings library suitable for use in mocking up a traditional string quartet such as Debussy or Ravel?

11. Paul Thomson

Paul Thomson Member

Jul 23, 2017
    Hey EuropaWill

I would say more along the Assasination of Jesse James - vibe - Warren Ellis and Nick Cave - but it is pretty versatile.

It wouldn't be the first thing I'd reach for to mock up a Ravel quartet - that would be the Sacconi.

Thanks!

Paul

12. sostenuto

sostenuto Senior Member

Mar 10, 2017
    St George, UT USA
    Works for me ! Ready........ :thumbsup:

Last edited: Feb 14, 2018
  13. GtrString

GtrString Senior Member

Dec 10, 2016
    Denmark
    Sounds nice in that piece. I wonder how controllable the vibrato is, and how adjustable the room ambience is.. those are the main points for me.

14. lokotus

lokotus Member

Sep 20, 2015
    they are faster releasing new libraries than me releasing new tracks, something feels wrong...

ghobii, itstav, PaulBrimstone and 7 others like this.
  15. stargazer

stargazer Senior Member

Jan 4, 2011
    Gothenburg, Sweden
    :rofl: :sneaky: o_O :whistling: ;)

16. procreative

procreative Senior Member

Mar 12, 2013
    United Kingdom
    Well assuming the Violin and Cello are repackaged Artisan (which I think they are), no vibrato control, its baked in. There are no solo libraries with controllable vibrato that use real vibrato.

Solo libraries just dont work with xfaded vibrato as the phasing between layers is too noticeable (you can hear what sounds like two violins). Whereas you can get away with it in ensemble libraries.

From memory the vibrato is progressive so quickly played notes dont have much vibrato.

GtrString likes this.
  17. SpitfireSupport

SpitfireSupport Spitfire Audio Customer Experience

May 8, 2017
    Spot on

18. synthpunk

synthpunk Senior Member

Mar 3, 2015
    Hell's Kitchen/Orlando
    Hoping the Abbey Road event is being streamed or recorded for the rest of us to see ?

Last edited: Feb 15, 2018 at 8:49 AM
    heisenberg and PaulBrimstone like this.
  19. ka00

ka00 Senior Member

Oct 23, 2017
    heisenberg and synthpunk like this.
  20. OP
    OP
    Spitfire Team

Spitfire Team Senior Member

Mar 5, 2015