What's new

Spitfire Audio x DC - Scoring Competition

Angora

https://www.spitfireaudio.com/stargirl

Create your own score to an exclusive clip for a chance to win every Spitfire Audio library, a signed score manuscript and a mentoring session with top composer, Pinar Toprak!

Spitfire Audio is delighted to have teamed up with A-list composer Pinar Toprak (Captain Marvel, Fortnite, DC’s Krypton), Mad Ghost Productions and DC Entertainment on a brand new competition. Having secured an exclusive clip from season one of the DC Universe series Stargirl, we’re offering you the opportunity to reimagine it with your own original score, work with top of the line visual material (+ dialogue & FX) and win some amazing prizes!

• The deadline to enter the competition is 23:59 BST on the 12th August 2021

• The winner and four runners-up will be announced on the 23rd September 2021

PRIZES
The winner of the competition will receive:
Spitfire Audio Everything Collection - every Spitfire Audio library on two external SSDs, worth over $20,000 if bought separately
A virtual mentoring session with series composer, Pinar Toprak
A manuscript of the Stargirl Theme, signed by Pinar Toprak

The four runners-up will receive:

Spitfire Audio Albion Collection
A manuscript of the Stargirl Theme, signed by Pinar Toprak

Good composition for everyone !:thumbsup:

Wow. I really didn’t think they’d go for this again after the grief of last time. Fair play to them. Can’t wait to hear the entries. Might even have a crack myself.

Amazing!!!
Retunes. You have just made my weekend!!! And cleverly thinned out the competition for your actual submission as it will take me (and many others to be sure) three weeks to get that song out of my head whenever I watch the clip! Well played sir

Last edited:
My motivation will be to submit a score that I worked diligently on, and regardless of the outcome of the contest, I will (like last year) be proud of the effort I put forth. That said, any opportunity to improve my skills or try new things is greatly appreciated!

I have to admit, the Power Rangers theme was brilliant! Good luck to everyone taking part in the competition. Have fun!

I really hope Fightin' Mooses enters again. When I saw that SF were running another comp I immediately just sang "Magic Bike will saaaave youuuuu". That says it all really.

edit - oh, hang on.... is that the entire clip above? If so then I guess they've gone for something much more 'straight' this year. Perhaps as a result of someone pointing out the naked emperor last time.

Last edited:
It's probably only me and I don't mean to disrespect the show, but I feel like the real difficulty with this clip is to manage to deliver proper tension and drama while the cgi and the girl look goofy and comical.
It's challenging to bring this clashing elements together.

It's probably only me and I don't mean to disrespect the show, but I feel like the real difficulty with this clip is to manage to deliver proper tension and drama while the cgi and the girl look goofy and comical.
It's challenging to bring this clashing elements together.
Quite often music in comedy films is composed as if the film/cue is serious and the comedy will just come naturally anyway from the dialogue or situation. Ghostbusters comes to mind. Many others I'm sure.

Top Bottom