What's new

Spitfire Audio LABS Compositions

wilifordmusic

I did a series of pieces using only the LABS instruments (new and old) as a challenge to myself and thought I would share them here. Below is a list of the instruments as well as the link to a couple of the pieces on soundcloud. The rest of them can be heard by clicking on my username wilifordmusic in the links.

Thanks for listening, Steve

Instruments used,
New:Amplified Cello Quartet, Choir, Charango, Soft Piano, Drums, Strings, Electric Piano
Old: Bedlam Piano, Bike Bells, Iron Drum, Dulcimer, Mandolin, Vibes, Melodica, Indian Banjo, Scary Strings, Felt Piano, Vibes.

Thanks, It was tricky not having a proper bass source. I used the low string ens, iron drum and electric piano to get most of the low end. Add a sprinkling of logic plugs and there ya go.
I did similar sorts of effects trickery on my Choir only competition piece, 3D Flythrough further down the page.
I enjoyed the challenge of only using the free instruments.
Quite frankly, most of the instruments they are giving to us would have cost a bit of money in the "good old days."
Thanks again to Spitfire for all the lovely toys, free and paid.
Further down my soundcloud page there are several compositions that use the Bernard Herrmann Composer Toolkit as their core including the tracks Secrets of Time and To Be Continued in the style of Bernie. The Bernie meets ... was meant to demonstrate the versatility of the library.
I picked up some new tools, (BDT and LCO) during the wishlist sale and look forward to using them once I have learned them.

thanks again to all who listened, Steve

OP - good stuff! Drums sound very nice on 'Headwind'

Was looking for a thread to share this little "horror" piece I composed that features the LABS amplified cello library, which are so cool sounding - can't believe they are free.

LABS instruments (new and old)

Old: Bedlam Piano, Bike Bells, Iron Drum, Dulcimer, Mandolin, Vibes, Melodica, Indian Banjo, Scary Strings, Felt Piano, Vibes.

Old LABS?

Am I missing something here? I thought I have all of the LABS collection, but apparently not.

Was LABS originally released for Kontakt? And if so, are those libraries still available somewhere?

cheers, and thanks,

andy

The original LAB series was for Kontakt. Not available anymore but most of the instruments have been ported to the new player.
And some of the newer instruments are truly stellar.

Steve

Here's another from the same batch that is only LABS instruments using serial composition techniques.

Feel free to contribute here if you like, Steve

Top Bottom