What's new

Spitfire Audio - Kepler Orchestra - Available NOW

New Mix of previously posted track:
I've been checking out the Spitfire Audio Kepler Orchestra demo. Here's a new track of mine which includes both Warped Ganymede & Basses Doppler patches in a contemporary instrumental setting (comes in from the 01:30 mark onwards):

so... I've got it. And I'm getting very annoying popping glitches on attack on most if not all the patches. No problems with other libraries, my disk and CPU are low. Not sure what it is, but it takes the joy out of things. Anyone else?

so... I've got it. And I'm getting very annoying popping glitches on attack on most if not all the patches. No problems with other libraries, my disk and CPU are low. Not sure what it is, but it takes the joy out of things. Anyone else?
I hear some clicks if I have the attack too fast. Does that do anything for you?

Does this improve if you change the value of your Kontakt buffer? I had a similar problems with eDNA and changing the buffer fixed the issue. Worth a try?

Short test, i have also clicks. Mainly when i use 2 mics or more (while i can use a lot more in HZS and any other SF library). It seems also mainly happen with when all notes are released and i trigger new midi notes. The first notes get that annoying click.

Hmmmmm …. Trust these issues getting to SFA Support, and possible Setting recommendations.
Will hold off for a bit as capable Users work through initial niggles. :cautious:

It appears to be hungry but try using one mic position, that should help some.

Does this improve if you change the value of your Kontakt buffer? I had a similar problems with eDNA and changing the buffer fixed the issue. Worth a try?

Similar situation here with the clicks - only library I have, that does this. Increasing the buffer size does help. Ironically, I also purchased Straylight - thinking it would bring my system to its knees... it does not. Yet Kepler consistently creates pops and clicks with my standard buffer size setting. Wonder why?

Only thing which helps is when i increase the buffer to 1024 and use just one mic (but i anyway use mainly just the close mic and turn all FX off). Even then there are a few clicks here and there.
But at the same time i can use several instruments within one Kontakt instance or also using several Kontakt instances. I hope KO can be a bit optimized. Seems like one core gets to much cpu load and spikes, not sure. I love the library so far and what it does.

Hi all!

Glad you are enjoying Kepler! I’ll leave proper advice to the CX team but just anecdotally - it is pretty hungry due to a lot of time machine work going on - with the single core logic thing I’ve found record you sometimes get pops and then playback is fine - I’ve also increased buffer size on occasion, and when I’ve had a ton of them going I’ve frozen a couple of tracks to lessen the CPU load. Also turning off the UI quantise lessens CPU load.

Really depends on your machine spec but the load is down to the time machine working on all groups - which is the core of keeping everything in time.

I can’t wait to hear what kind of stuff people make - I’m sure there’s a million ways to use this that I haven’t even thought of!

Have a great weekend everyone,

Paul

Hi all!

Glad you are enjoying Kepler! I’ll leave proper advice to the CX team but just anecdotally - it is pretty hungry due to a lot of time machine work going on - with the single core logic thing I’ve found record you sometimes get pops and then playback is fine - I’ve also increased buffer size on occasion, and when I’ve had a ton of them going I’ve frozen a couple of tracks to lessen the CPU load. Also turning off the UI quantise lessens CPU load.

Really depends on your machine spec but the load is down to the time machine working on all groups - which is the core of keeping everything in time.

I can’t wait to hear what kind of stuff people make - I’m sure there’s a million ways to use this that I haven’t even thought of!

Have a great weekend everyone,

Paul

That makes sense now. Thank´s for the info. I found my workaround already (like using one instance per mic if needed to spread the load across cores) and so it is fine so far.
Thank you also to bring your idea to life. Sometimes a CPU and/or RAM hit is worth to not look back. Also i guess things might get better and optimized in near future (and a more powerful machine will be used as well maybe soon too).
Good luck with your baby.

Last edited:
I did it myself here, lol. I often get confused here with all the acronyms and i find it not great at all.
So i will write now only Kepler Orchestra in full words.
A shame indeed we are too lazy to take the few seconds.
I apologize and i hate it myself, not sure why i did it.
Maybe someone should write a legend for all these acronyms.

I did it myself here, lol. I often get confused here with all the acronyms and i find it not great at all.
So i will write now only Kepler Orchestra in full words.
A shame indeed we are too lazy to take the few seconds.
I apologize and i hate it myself, not sure why i did it.
Maybe someone should write a legend for all these acronyms.
Totally agree, between "OT, SPA, SSS, SS, SSC, CSS, CSCSS, SSSSCCSSSCCCSS, I'm completely lost and give up to the post :shocked:! It's already done, don't remember the title...

Yes, Kepler has great potential!! The concepts are brilliant and take us beyond current limitations in ways that will, once the kinks are worked out, yet again allow for new ways of composing in the box and at a keyboard! Very exciting and thank you Spitfire! But, for now, the operation is somewhat limited, at least on my rig (Mac Pro 2009 upgraded to 12 core 3.33 with 64G RAM, OS 10.12.6, Pro Tools 12.7, and a 2T SSD sounds drive -- and I'm about to move up to Mojave and Pro Tools 19, which may help a little - I'm maxed at 64G RAM, though). Initially, using default settings after installation, I could barely play anything, even single notes sometimes, without hesitation on the attack of notes. As suggested above, if I only use one mic and put the buffer at 1024, I can play up to 5 notes at a time without problems (and that's with only one track running as a trial). If I try a 6, or larger, note cluster, the front ends of notes start cutting off again. This all means some cool creative work is possible, for sure, but I think we all look forward to being able to use more mic positions and notes simultaneously. Let's hope the CX team can come up with some creative solutions. Also, I'm wondering what the optimal hardware set-up is to achieve full, smooth operation of Kepler. Are there things I can be doing to improve performance? Thanks!

This is probably the best sounding useful creative tool I've heard in quite awhile. I love it that you are not locked into preconfigured chord shapes ala Sonokinetic but can just play the instrument. Brilliant stuff!

Really like the concept of the library. It seems to do the Minimalist style really well.

For people who have this library, how is the dynamic range of it? In the walk-through and demos everything seems to start more around MP or MF. Does it do "At the edge of silence" dynamics and moods? I love the motion it seems to provide but I would like to hear softer dynamics - not just lower in volume, put actually played softer, so it can work well as a backdrop to other more melodic libraries. Would love to hear your thoughts.

Really like the concept of the library. It seems to do the Minimalist style really well.

For people who have this library, how is the dynamic range of it? In the walk-through and demos everything seems to start more around MP or MF. Does it do "At the edge of silence" dynamics and moods? I love the motion it seems to provide but I would like to hear softer dynamics - not just lower in volume, put actually played softer, so it can work well as a backdrop to other more melodic libraries. Would love to hear your thoughts.

When i go into the editing page (full Kontakt) i see just one dynamic layer (beware i just picked up a few random to look into) and it also sound indeed like it. So it mainly reduce just volume if you use the dynamic slider. Which is a bit strange because so it is just the same as the expression.
But not sure if i get that right i´m no expert for deep editing in Kontakt. But so far i see just one sample per note which goes from 1-127 velocity without different dynamic layers. It might depends on the presets/instrument, not sure yet. I mainly see mf here everywhere.
Please correct me someone if i got it wrong.

When i go into the editing page (full Kontakt) i see just one dynamic layer (beware i just picked up a few random to look into) and it also sound indeed like it. So it mainly reduce just volume if you use the dynamic slider. Which is a bit strange because so it is just the same as the expression.
But not sure if i get that right i´m no expert for deep editing in Kontakt. But so far i see just one sample per note which goes from 1-127 velocity without different dynamic layers. It might depends on the presets/instrument, not sure yet. I mainly see mf here everywhere.
Please correct me someone if i got it wrong.

@SpitfireSupport Can you shed some light on this? Is there more than one dynamic layer? Are there "At the edge of Silence" patches, where it was actually played very softly? What I hear in the demos sounds great but more directed at Mf type of material.

Top Bottom