What's new

Spitfire Audio - Kepler Orchestra - Available NOW

Each of these first two videos are the two first Kepler laws of planetary motion. So there's gonna be a third.

1- All planets move about the Sun in elliptical orbits, having the Sun as one of the foci (F1).
2- A radius vector joining any planet to the Sun sweeps out equal areas in equal lengths of time.
3- The squares of the sidereal periods of the planets are directly proportional to the cubes of their mean distances from the Sun.

Since they are referrencing laws of planetary motion this probably has something to do with orbits, which are periodic. So... Sounds arranged in some form of periodic way? Rather than EVOs which are a straight line forward, these would be a circle? My guess anyway...

I was thinking maybe something more like tempo-synced swells and waves (sustains and pulses), perhaps with an evo-like grid to score on the fly. But whatever it is, it sounds great.

Yes, something that takes the experience of the rhythmic Evo (evo 3?) and filters it through the success of the OACE waves (which turned out to more practical in their realization than you might have thought, doubtlessly having learned from previous evos) seems kind of an obvious next step now that you mention it.

I find Evo 3, kind of fun, but in practice much more niche than I would have thought. Whereas the waves are much more all purpose (seriously, there’s almost nowhere I wouldn’t use them, though maybe that’s just me). The ‘pendulum swings’ of time Macro while they make for a nice high concept demo, are also a little too, I don’t know, ‘high concept’ or some something, to be all that useful in practice.

I think it is something big, more than 'another' evo or an Edna cartridge. They have a special event on 23 may scheduled to unveil it. That's not for every library, I think? Only for the big ones (Tundra, Hans Zimmer Strings, if I recall correctly).

I was thinking maybe something more like tempo-synced swells and waves (sustains and pulses), perhaps with an evo-like grid to score on the fly. But whatever it is, it sounds great.

Yeah I agree, sounds lovely especially that second pass of Law Two.
I was even trying to mix the 2 videos and it sound great having them slightly off.

Interesting how the elliptic movement speed of the planets correspond to those swells... a hint to controllable swells as someone else was predicting before ?

I'm thinking this is more a demonstration of how humans will find sync between audio and visual, whether it's there or not...

Law 3 is reminding me of the Waves Brauer Motion plugin. Maybe here with multiple source material, each moving at different speeds, something like that...

Just tested the 2 demos and it really is my cup of tea. Sounds wonderful, mystic, sinister and whatever (especially sound fantastic with my favorite reverb on top).
So far so great but of course i hope the final instrument/GUI will offer a lot more editing like temp-synced swells and waves etc. Even better would be some physics or math algos (like the granular binaural tool Dust with the flow field) to add....man can dream.
However, if that is a sneak peak and it get some of the deeper editing for at least temp-synced stuff it is an instant buy here.
Maybe i´m alone but i hoped it would not be a Kontakt instrument since i now prefer the GUI and workflow from HZ-Strings and EWC.
Spitfire is always for a surprise. I like what it (could) be....

Top Bottom