Spitfire Audio - Kepler Orchestra - Available NOW

Cinebient

Just tested the 2 demos and it really is my cup of tea. Sounds wonderful, mystic, sinister and whatever (especially sound fantastic with my favorite reverb on top).
So far so great but of course i hope the final instrument/GUI will offer a lot more editing like temp-synced swells and waves etc. Even better would be some physics or math algos (like the granular binaural tool Dust with the flow field) to add....man can dream.
However, if that is a sneak peak and it get some of the deeper editing for at least temp-synced stuff it is an instant buy here.
Maybe i´m alone but i hoped it would not be a Kontakt instrument since i now prefer the GUI and workflow from HZ-Strings and EWC.
Spitfire is always for a surprise. I like what it (could) be....

I just pulled down two chords and a simple melody to test the Kepler demo. It is not easy to express myself using only two patches, but my first impression is that it could be a valid product to combine with Phobos. However, I don't particularly like the fact that 'DYNAMICS' controls both the intensity of the sound and the effect, and I would prefer the two parameters to be detached and independent, instead of using the 'volume' as fader.
As it is, it is impossible for me to create a pianissimo with the 'warped' effect, because with the dynamics at a minimum the effect also disappears.

As for the 'bass doppler' preset, the sound descent is not calibrated with the track's tempo and I struggled to find the exact point where to set the midi to make the 'fall' match the beat of the next bar. If the intention is to create a subcategory of 'doppler' effects, I think a time stretching function would be useful.
Good work and I hope I have been helpful.

[AUDIOPLUS=https://vi-control.net/community/attachments/ganymede-basses-doppler-spitfire-kepler-orchestra-demo-sarah-de-carlo-mp3.20106/][/AUDIOPLUS]

Attachments

Last edited:

James H

01001000 01101001
does anyone know what exactly the kepler orchestra is?
Dave “keppy” Kepler started an orchestra in the 80s. Tired of Wham, A-Ha, Cindy Lauper and other dominating musical forces at the time, he set out to change music.
During recordings he badly injured himself doing the legendary 80s dance move “the worm”.

The recordings never finished.

Until now... Spitfire meticulously analysed the recordings and mastered them to the finest quality. This is Keppys legacy.

Soundhound

This is probably just a demo format with limited controls. The actual library I'd think will have ample control over everything you mention and a great deal more (pan for individual elements would be lovely as well) and the gui will look quite different.

Of course, I'm often wrong as many here will gladly attest. :)

I just pulled down two chords and a simple melody to test the Kepler demo. It is not easy to express myself using only two patches, but my first impression is that it could be a valid product to combine with Phobos. However, I don't particularly like the fact that 'DYNAMICS' controls both the intensity of the sound and the effect, and I would prefer the two parameters to be detached and independent, instead of using the 'volume' as fader.
As it is, it is impossible for me to create a pianissimo with the 'warped' effect, because with the dynamics at a minimum the effect also disappears.

As for the 'bass doppler' preset, the sound descent is not calibrated with the track's tempo and I struggled to find the exact point where to set the midi to make the 'fall' match the beat of the next bar. If the intention is to create a subcategory of 'doppler' effects, I think a time stretching function would be useful.
Good work and I hope I have been helpful.

[AUDIOPLUS=https://vi-control.net/community/attachments/ganymede-basses-doppler-spitfire-kepler-orchestra-demo-sarah-de-carlo-mp3.20106/][/AUDIOPLUS]

This is probably just a demo format with limited controls. The actual library I'd think will have ample control over everything you mention and a great deal more (pan for individual elements would be lovely as well) and the gui will look quite different.

Of course, I'm often wrong as many here will gladly attest. :)
Maybe... but probably it could be very useful to know for sure, before participating in the pre-order :)

Maiestic9

Dave “keppy” Kepler started an orchestra in the 80s. Tired of Wham, A-Ha, Cindy Lauper and other dominating musical forces at the time, he set out to change music.
During recordings he badly injured himself doing the legendary 80s dance move “the worm”.

The recordings never finished.

Until now... Spitfire meticulously analysed the recordings and mastered them to the finest quality. This is Keppys legacy.

Lol. Well played.