What's new

Spitfire Audio - Kepler Orchestra - Available NOW

The Darris

Funny, because Time Macro always seemed to basically what Spitfire had already done with Orchestral Swarm and the Evo series.
You know, despite there seeming like they are similar, they are quite different. I feel like TIME's only real argument to separate itself from SWARM and EVOs is that it is far more orchestral whereas Spitfire's offerings are far more experimental. Both sort of stand on their own in that right. My point is that based on what I'm hearing in that very short teaser, it's much closer to the approach that OT took with TIME.

To be clear. I bought TIME. I've yet to use it in a project. Haha. I own nearly all the EVOs and Orchestral Swarm and usually end up throwing a patch or two from those libraries onto a project. Based on Spitfire's track record with experimental orchestral libraries, I'm hoping this one knocks it out of the park and offers something genuinely new and innovative the way the EVO series was.

bbunker

So since the distance between the two foci determines the eccentricity of the orbit, this has be something eccentric, eh?

rotho

I think this could be like the semi time rubs in EWC. I might as well face it it’s pretty inevitable I get it. I have almost all the other SF stuff esp the experimental types

Raphioli

F1 and F2 probably mean Flute 1 and Flute 2 and not "force".
The blue dot is the mic. So they're moving the mic around Flute 1 and 2 while recording them and creating a new type of evo.

Reminds me of how Matrix shot that bullet time scene.

I'm obviously joking of course. And sorry I know, it was a boring joke...

ccarreira

F1 and F2 probably mean Flute 1 and Flute 2 and not "force".
The blue dot is the mic. So they're moving the mic around Flute 1 and 2 while recording them and creating a new type of evo.

Reminds me of how Matrix shot that bullet time scene.

I'm obviously joking of course. And sorry I know, it was a boring joke...
Orchestral vector synthesis? That would be nice

ism

Maybe they’re getting into effects... some plugin to position audio in a 3d “space”
I suppose some kind of surround mixing features added to the spitfire player is perfectly plausible.

I'm still hoping that it somehow involves a new clarinet though. Always number one on my spitfire wish list.

AllanH

I would be interesting if they offered a more dynamic "stage placement" as part of their product line, including depth and location in the stereo image.

Top Bottom