What's new

Spitfire Audio - It Is All About To Change...

Status
Not open for further replies.
And please keep the current payment options which work well.

CH there was a recent VSS3 thread over in the mixing subform and many inquiries about it only being mono. Care to join in and comment over there ?
https://vi-control.net/community/threads/new-tc-electronic-vss3-native-reverb.58944/

Heya Rob,

You need this all day long:

https://www.tcelectronic.com/vss3-native/

Use the Large Warm Hall preset.... its what the pros use (albeit usually in its TC6000 form) and you'll never look back.

This teaser isn't regarding PayPal. However as some people have eluded we had some BIG problems with it in the past, but we're in negotiations with them about POSSIBLY restoring it as an option. We're working hard on this after having live chat with loads of people over Black Friday where this was a number one enquiry (after what's the difference between Kontakt and Kontakt Player).

Brutalism is something we're all fans of here at Spitfire, you'll notice all of our channels have been updated to reflect this.

Thanks for all your feedback here, more news very very soon..... its a game changer!

Christian.

Last edited:
Brutalism.. that's a new hint! Now the concrete brutalist building in the teaser makes sense. So perhaps a new library?
It's the Barbican Tower (in London) if I'm not much mistaken. And there's a music library near the bottom of it - all of which must mean something... Or perhaps not. I wonder if it might be a new eDNA-like thing. I'm sure we'll hear soon enough though.

Saul Bass ftw in these titles, amazing stuff for the time :inlove:

Did not realise it at the time but back in the 90s I had the privilage of Saul Bass coming to my Uni (in the UK no less) and giving a seminar on his graphic design work on titles such as Grand Prix. Realise how lucky I was now.

Reactions: mac
I only have two q
Heya Rob,

You need this all day long:

https://www.tcelectronic.com/vss3-native/

Use the Large Warm Hall preset.... its what the pros use (albeit usually in its TC6000 form) and you'll never look back.

This teaser isn't regarding PayPal. However as some people have eluded we had some BIG problems with it in the past, but we're in negotiations with them about POSSIBLY restoring it as an option. We're working hard on this after having live chat with loads of people over Black Friday where this was a number one enquiry (after what's the difference between Kontakt and Kontakt Player).

Brutalism is something we're all fans of here at Spitfire, you'll notice all of our channels have been updated to reflect this.

Thanks for all your feedback here, more news very very soon..... its a game changer!

Christian.

Thanks for clearing up this game changing mystery! I just have two questions:

1) What's the difference between Kontakt and the free Kontakt Player?, and

2) Do you take PayPal? :shocked:

There, bumped this yet again. Not that it needs bumping, because I'm like almost everyone else here (whether one likes "teasers" or not - I'm not generally a fan) insofar as when Spitfire makes a cryptic announcement, it's really impossible not to be interested... My personal hope is that you've hooked up with one of those VST outlets that sells stuff at 80% off for two weeks, but I very strongly suspect that this is NOT going to be the case...

1) What's the difference between Kontakt and the free Kontakt Player?, and

I'm not a Spitfire employee, but please allow me to clear this one up.
The Kontakt Player, which is free, only works with certain libraries. The reason is that the developer of the library has to pay licensing fees to NI for any library that uses the free player.
All Kontakt products work with the full version of Kontakt.

The Kontakt Player, which is free, only works with certain libraries. The reason is that the developer of the library has to pay licensing fees to NI for any library that uses the free player.
I think you'll find Tugboat was being sarcastic.

This is the longest, game changing, nothing happening thread ever.

The Kontakt Player, which is free, only works with certain libraries. The reason is and he developer of the library has to pay licensing fees to NI for any library that uses the free player.

Thanks, but I was just tweaking SA, because he said this is their most common question, and I do imagine developers grow weary of addressing it... Which is why you often see BOLD RED FONT and such at developer's sites, trying to forestall the headaches of an endless parade of people who make a purchase only to find out it's timing out in demo mode... If I were a Kontakt library developer I'm certain it would drive me crazy...

I'm sort of (for lack of a better word) a dropped-out hippie type who avoids most consumerism, lives on very little money by Western World standards, and it occurs to me that Spitfire Audio (by far) has received more revenue from me than any other single company that sells anything, including appliance, cars... kind of trippy...

smc0140 = Spitfire Mass Choir. 0140 is probably just the product number code.

We've already been seeing teasers about a new choir product coming out.

Thanks, but I was just tweaking SA, because he said this is their most common question, and I do imagine developers grow weary of addressing it... Which is why you often see BOLD RED FONT and such at developer's sites, trying to forestall the headaches of an endless parade of people who make a purchase only to find out it's timing out in demo mode... If I were a Kontakt library developer I'm certain it would drive me crazy...

I'm sort of (for lack of a better word) a dropped-out hippie type who avoids most consumerism, lives on very little money by Western World standards, and it occurs to me that Spitfire Audio (by far) has received more revenue from me than any other single company that sells anything, including appliance, cars... kind of trippy...

I'm in the same boat, or at least I was until recently. I spend the last 3 years in Vietnam, living on 1000 USD or less a month. If you calculate the percentage of my annual income that I spent on Spitfire Audio, I'm pretty sure I have everyone on VI Control beat.

smc0140 = Spitfire Mass Choir. 0140 is probably just the product number code.

We've already been seeing teasers about a new choir product coming out.

I dunno. a) there's no choir in the teaser, it sounds synth-oriented. b) why "mass" choir? c) It's being produced in connection with Eric Whitacre, usually when they do artist collaborations they credit them in the title as part of their "signature" line. d) I feel like they announced the choir collaboration too recently, usually they announce a product and then actually release 10 years later o_O

Which is pretty much the reason why I always go in autopilot mode whenever I read that question - which is why I didn't recognise your teasing as such. Apologies! :)

Which is pretty much the reason why I always go in autopilot mode whenever I read that question - which is why I didn't recognise your teasing as such. Apologies! :)

No apologies necessary. It was a fine, concisely-crafted answer to an oft-asked question. Maybe the "game changer" is that SA will start accepting PayPal, but only for customers who have the full version of Kontakt, because for Player libraries PayPal will only operate in demo mode and timeout before the payment process has a chance to complete...:roflmao:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom