What's new

Spitfire Audio “This is London Calling” - BBC Symphony Orchestra

Kind of off topic here, but received an email from SF a few minutes ago encouraging me to upgrade from Albion One to one of their "scoring" bundles. Nothing so strange about that in itself, except that I already own all the instruments in every one of the bundles they proposed to me. Seems like they should have a better algorithm for bulk email than "let's select everyone who has Albion One," especially if they are going to make it seem like it has been "personalized."

Same here! I misread it as "Scoring Brushes" too, so was thinking it was a new library or something...

No idea how relevant this is but if you look at the filepath for the image on this page here https://www.spitfireaudio.com/community/spitfire-audio-events (the "London calling..." one) it has "labs page banner" in there (see below). I wonder if this is anything to do with Labs? Spitfire BBC Symphony Orchestra Labs?!

Code:
https://d1t3zg51rvnesz.cloudfront.net/p/images/cms2/876/smc0201_labs-page-banner-v02.jpg

This is slowly going on my nerves. Honestly, I don´t mind a teaser and I don´t mind product infos, but wasting my time with links to Youtube videos which say plain nothing is bad marketing. Over and out.
This x 1000. I refuse to even watch their dumb keynote at this point. What could possibly live up to this prolonged hype anyway?

This is slowly going on my nerves. Honestly, I don´t mind a teaser and I don´t mind product infos, but wasting my time with links to Youtube videos which say plain nothing is bad marketing. Over and out.

Well, I actually just moved their mail in the junk without opening it. And that I do often and not because I dislike Spitfire but simply because I am bored by their marketing these days. I get simply not excited anymore. Back then, it that was probably like 4 -5 years ago where I opened almost every mail from them, simply because they still had to say something with their mails and I was always interested into there announcements. These days it has become for me also a bit jaring. I think they have their best intentions with their products and mails, but imo their marketing approach is a kind of getting old by using the same nebolous formula over and over again --> which gets then boring. I am very sure they would excite many more people if they would do it like they did back then: Not so many mails, good information and well..good products! I hope they will go or find back their "exploring new water" and "pushing boundaries" fire again. Their old orchestral ranges were great and I would like something like that but with an updated approach regarding programming and deep sampling. You know like a symphonic orchestra 2.0.

19 pages so far of speculation, comments and hyping. Is anyone still not clear that these types of things draw attention whether you agree with them or not? :) Carry on...or go make some music, whichever you prefer! :)

I agree with most comments here. SA act like all our attention is earned for good. But in fact, it's the job of a company to feed us with decent promo material, not dust.

Here, there is nothing to get hype about. I will wait for a keynote recap instead.
LAMP Teaser went straight to the point, that was quite unexpected!
The company is used to work for gives some information about their upcoming keynote (names of WIP software, so you can get hype about what's coming in the keynote.)

I'm a proud owner of SSO, SSOP, HZPP, Percussion. We all received the "Win everything" survey. They are taking the temperature right now. Maybe they do not tease anything yet to carefully select upcoming products to show at the keynote.. based on the survey results.

Hard to ignore it when you get spam-emails (empty email with a link to an empty website is one of the worst kind)

Definitely some people here who don’t like their good old British Marmite. Come on, what’s wrong with a bit of fun? You can always ignore it...

Yes, sure ... :) The only thing here is: Many of use are big fans of Spitfire so when they mail something it is hard to ignore it, because at least I would expect some informations associated with it.
First they have sent a huge image with ... nothing. Then they send a video with ... nothing. That is where the fun ends for me, to be honest. And that´s not the first time but it keeps repeating.

Not sure how marketing was done in the past, but when Best Service was still their distributor in Germany, I did enjoy Best Service sending mails whenever there was actually something to announce regarding Spitfire Audio. Now that they have taken over and canceled their relationship, most of the mails I am getting are not worth reading.

Don´t they understand that too much of this could possibly result in less interest? Hmmm ....

Yes, sure ... :) The only thing here is: Many of use are big fans of Spitfire so when they mail something it is hard to ignore it, because at least I would expect some informations associated with it.
First they have sent a huge image with ... nothing. Then they send a video with ... nothing. That is where the fun ends for me, to be honest. And that´s not the first time but it keeps repeating.

Not sure how marketing was done in the past, but when Best Service was still their distributor in Germany, I did enjoy Best Service sending mails whenever there was actually something to announce regarding Spitfire Audio. Now that they have taken over and canceled their relationship, most of the mails I am getting are not worth reading.

Don´t they understand that too much of this could possibly result in less interest? Hmmm ....
Good points all. I have to admit Spitfire might have done better to at least hold the marketing until much closer to the event. A month or more is a looooong time to wind people up.

I share many of the sentiments being expressed. I am and will remain a big fan of Spitfire's libraries, as the vast array of them in my template should attest. But they have exhausted me with their recent marketing efforts, and now I find myself just deleting most of their emails as soon as they arrive, which is probably not their intent I think.

Top Bottom