What's new

Spitfire Audio “This is London Calling” - BBC Symphony Orchestra

Their biggest announcement to date.....

Perhaps it's the promised update to the SSO. I don't see it being just anther library launch with a statement like that....

A subscription based service?

They actually put together a music album called “This is London Calling” released last year. It’s on every streaming service going. No idea if this announcement is connected with that album in some way.

Well, I got the impression, maybe mistakenly, that the update will be in the new Spitfire Player. Perhaps this might indicate a move away from Kontakt for some their big libraries.

After all, SSO is their flagship product....

But its all speculation, I know.

A subscription based service?

They actually put together a music album called “This is London Calling” released last year. It’s on every streaming service going. No idea if this announcement is connected with that album in some way.

I've never heard of that album before. That is interesting.

However, someone from Spitfire Support scotched rumours of a subscription service only a couple of days ago....

An update to Albion III Iceni?

Apparently the line "This is London calling", was used during WWII.
Yeah, it was an opening phrase used in radio broadcasts by the BBC World Service often targeting people in occupied countries. (It was also a punishable offence to listen if the Nazis caught you).

Also, it’s obviously an album by the Clash.

Yeah, it was an opening phrase used in radio broadcasts by the BBC World Service often targeting people in occupied countries. (It was also a punishable offence to listen if the Nazis caught you).

Also, it’s obviously an album by the Clash.
I think the sentence is just catchy for teasing and in reference of WWII because the company is called "Spitfire".
There is more things to say about "Biggest announcement to date"

I'd imagine that it will be the release (with updates) of several of their older products (SCS?) on their SF Player!
The would make sense.... and/or they have been updating the player with functions SSS/SCS and the other SF libraries don't have in the Kontakt versions.

If they ever do a subscription, it will probably be later on (2021?) when their complete catalogue is ported to and running on their own SF Player.

A sample rendering farm and localised app that allows remote control and streaming of any of their samples via servers and then you pay for the stereo (or surround) master?

I dunno, probably talking a load of rubbish...

Top Bottom