What's new

Spitfire Audio “This is London Calling” - BBC Symphony Orchestra

Orchestral Tools began teasing us in January about their new Web Shop and still nothing seems to have be officially announced regarding the release date.They need to time their release carefully, so Spitfire doesn't steal their Thunder Sheet (musical joke..not funny I know ! It's the best I could come up with !)

I share many of the sentiments being expressed. I am and will remain a big fan of Spitfire's libraries, as the vast array of them in my template should attest. But they have exhausted me with their recent marketing efforts, and now I find myself just deleting most of their emails as soon as they arrive, which is probably not their intent I think.
There are internet tools that allow Spitfire to see how many of their emails lead to certain actions (not opening, opening, going to their website, watching embeded video, for how long, etc...). If they keep sending out all those emails, they've calculated it's in their favor...

There are internet tools that allow Spitfire to see how many of their emails lead to certain actions (not opening, opening, going to their website, watching embeded video, for how long, etc...).
This is the reason I unsubscribed from Spitfire's bulk mails: they rarely include any actual text, just link to images which my email client blocks anyway as remote content, and I refuse to load images riddled with tracking identifiers. There is less than zero value in receiving completely blank emails, especially at the (IMO unreasonable) frequency Spitfire sends them.

And indeed, most email clients block remote images, so I never really understood the point of Spitfire's email marketing campaigns. Unless the vast majority just blindly loads all remote images without caring about the reason they were blocked to begin with. Sadly, that's probably the case.

Last edited:
This is the reason I unsubscribed from Spitfire's bulk mails: they rarely include any actual text, just link to images which my email client blocks anyway as remote content, and I refuse to load images riddled with tracking identifiers. There is less than zero value in receiving completely blank emails, especially at the (IMO unreasonable) frequency Spitfire sends them.
Same here

I agree they're very annoying - although I don't think Spitfire are the only company who do this.

As annoying as some of you find it, the psychology behind this style of marketing is well proven. The aim at the beginning is to reveal enough tidbits to get the conversation started while still leaving most the announcements for the keynote. I think it is actually called drip marketing, because that’s exactly how it works. The idea is to tickle the intrigue neurons in the brain so that you get a dopamine hit when more info is trickled out and the interest grows in the brain - a bit like a tumour, only less painful and non life threatening!

These marketing techniques have been used countless times before by other companies. You may very well piss off a small percentage by tickling the annoyance neurons by mistake, but you will get more hits than misses.

(Disclaimer: I am not a qualified psychologist, or marketing expert, so you may very well find the above to be utter bs! This does not affect your statutory rights. Interest rates may vary)

Last edited:
As annoying as some of you find it, the psychology behind this style of marketing is well proven. The aim at the beginning is to reveal enough tidbits to get the conversation started while still leaving most the announcements for the keynote.
I just want to underline that that's not what "annoying" was referring to in the previous few posts.

Maybe they’re releasing a plug-in that makes you feel like you’re sitting in, recording and mixing in a popular British studio....

That revolutionary invaluable tech has never been created before

*eyeballs waves plugins*

/sarcasm

Alternate theory: it can sometime be fun to guess what’s coming next even from minimal teasers.

It’s just just that this particular thread for the most part, isn’t fun.

(Or maybe it’s just that the ‘its a subscription model’ get exponentially less funny after the 16th or 17th time).

Symphonic, chamber and studio lines are merged into one giant product, available for their own player. This includes the SSO pro version update.

Also since they don't have to pay NI it'll drop in price compared to the Kontakt equivalents.

A man can dream.

Alternate theory: it can sometime be fun to guess what’s coming next even from minimal teasers.

It’s just just that this particular thread for the most part, isn’t fun.

(Or maybe it’s just that the ‘its a subscription model’ get exponentially less funny after the 16th or 17th time).
So then you're saying it's a subscription?

Sorry, couldn't resist:thumbsdown:

“London calling” will be a partnership with apple/google to release subscription only “evo themed ringtones and swarm busy tones” . Recorded with AIR studio telephones and curated by the AIR studio receptionist who answers all calls.

All I can think of is the Clash. Maybe it's a Punk rock niche plug in...Joe Strummer's Punk Band Toolkit.

I want it to be a subscription announcement as well btw.

There are internet tools that allow Spitfire to see how many of their emails lead to certain actions (not opening, opening, going to their website, watching embeded video, for how long, etc...). If they keep sending out all those emails, they've calculated it's in their favor...
Yeah, they use Mailchimp for email marketing and those tools are absolutely available. They know what they're doing and know that their email delivery numbers are sustainable.

"The future of music is with you the composers. That is why we think it's import that you're able to compose wherever you are. All new libraries will be iOS exclusive.

Introducing Spitfire Mobile, this is London calling."

Last edited:
Top Bottom