What's new

Spitfire Audio “This is London Calling” - BBC Symphony Orchestra

I’m hoping they’ve sampled more stuff in the room. Maida Vale drum sessions please.

Also, I’d like to know if Spitfire are banging their heads on the table or chuckling with glee as this thread blasts past 300.

Isn't Miroslav Philharmonik recorded with an established orchestra though, so Spitfire won't be the first to do so? The Royal Czech Philharmonic if I recall correctly.

It's hilarious to me that some folks think that sleuthing out what Spitfire is going to release is somehow insensitive or unfair to Spitfire. Aww, poor Spitfire. That's.... hilarious! They tease and hype usually with little to no information. They invite speculation, yet if someone figures out what it is they should keep quiet dare they ruin the reveal for Spitfire? If thats the case what's the point of even discussing it?
It's all about the money. Nothing else matters.

Isn't Miroslav Philharmonik recorded with an established orchestra though, so Spitfire won't be the first to do so? The Royal Czech Philharmonic if I recall correctly.
Certainly could be. I can't believe by 2019 there isn't a highly sampled established orchestra library out there. I just guessed at LSO because it matches the hint Spitfire put out. ;)

It's hilarious to me that some folks think that sleuthing out what Spitfire is going to release is somehow insensitive or unfair to Spitfire. Aww, poor Spitfire. That's.... hilarious! They tease and hype usually with little to no information. They invite speculation, yet if someone figures out what it is they should keep quiet dare they ruin the reveal for Spitfire? If thats the case what's the point of even discussing it?
Ba da bing!
Actually, for me it's intentional... I'm hoping my LSO library guess is IT and they make me sign a non-disclosure agreement and for compensation they hand over a free copy... MUHAHAHAHAHA :sneaky:

It's all about the money. Nothing else matters.
Of course profit is important for any comapany, but I disagree they are entirely profit driven.

Not sure if you’re aware, but their LABS range was donating the proceeds to charity, and although they are now free, Spitfire donate a portion of their overall profits to charity.

Also they support other charities where they can:
https://www.magicbreakfast.com/news/spitfire-audioThey also donate to Safer London and Unicef. I read they donated £100,000 a few years ago, and believe their work in this area is ongoing.

Last edited:
I'd ignore that comment.

In life I have generally found, myself included, that the more financially and professionally successful you become, the more your reputation amongst your peers and clients becomes far more important than a few pounds/dollars here or there.

It's just a typical internet throwaway insult that is all too easy to hurl at those who have become successful. Unless the poster has personal knowledge of the individuals concerned and their personal motives ?

Of course running a company where you are personally responsible for the livelihoods of all your employees - you know - making sure their salaries are in the bank so they can put food on the table, feed and clothe their families etc, tends to focus the mind somewhat.

I wonder if the poster has ever been awake all night staring at the ceiling, worrying if he will manage to make the payroll at the end of the month. I've done that, and I've nothing but respect for anyone that sticks their head above the parapet and tries to build something.

Frankly if someone said that to my face, I'd find it deeply insulting. There again, I doubt that anyone would ever say that to my face, much safer to hurl personal abuse from behind a keyboard.

That's not to say there are not those who run their business in an entirely cynical manner. They exist - but they generally get found out pretty quickly.

I wasn’t sure about Random Guy’s speculation at first, but after giving it some more thought I’ve come around. The end of capitalism really would be Spitfire’s biggest announcement yet. Really looking forward to this one!
And where better than England, the late-mediaeval pioneer of bourgeois commodity relations, for kickstarting the end of capitalism?

But the innovation that will make this library a real game-changer in the history of sampling will be the massively multi-player key-switched and cc-based democratic control of the development of the new post-capitalist society.

Our mod wheels, for example, will collectively determine the relative preponderance of localised cooperatives vs more centralised state forms of social ownership.

I'm gonna start posting "Hey guys, what if it's a subscription service??? Get it??? LOL :DDDDDD" in this thread every 12 hours starting tomorrow

Top Bottom