What's new

Spitfire Audio “This is London Calling” - BBC Symphony Orchestra

Doubt vibrato an option for tremolo articulations... I think the streamers have been crossed between posts?

Last edited:
So then no tremolo control. Kinda sucks. I feel the trem in the CB s a bit slower than could be.
OK, I just tried a workaround trick. I transposed the midi for the Basses down 3 semi-tones then increased the pitch in the player up 3 semi-tones, increasing not only the pitch - but playback speed as well - of the instrument. The result: faster tremolo. I preferred the sound of the original trem but this may help you get you closer to what you´re looking for.

OK, I just tried a workaround trick. I transposed the midi for the Basses down 3 semi-tones then increased the pitch in the player up 3 semi-tones, increasing not only the pitch - but playback speed as well - of the instrument. The result: faster tremolo. I preferred the sound of the original trem but this may help you get you closer to what you´re looking for.
Cool...thanks. so Basically i can also run this through a pitch plugin...Pro Tools has one that works by increasing or decreasing speed. Might Try it..

ok...here is a tip that may or may not work for you guys that have Pro...I included the screenshot...

So crazy thing: My 2018 mini is maxed out, fully loaded...however, with SF's "default" setting, I am running into problems. So after much agony, I came up with the following settings and it works pretty smoothly, while also saving a ton of RAM and some CPU.

I am running BBC off a Samsung T7...NVMe, so a bit faster than a standard SSD.

Hope this helps in case you are having issues, especially RAM, it's worth a shot even if you have a slower SSD.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-02-16 at 10.24.22 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-02-16 at 10.24.22 PM.png
    15 KB · Views: 88
Come to think of it, the main reason why I’m so enamored with BBCSO is that I have many of the world’s most famous musicians at my fingertips. There’s no other orchestral library that does this. Sure, developers like Embertone provide us with specific instrumental libs like Joshua Bell’s violin, which is pretty amazing on its own, but an entire orchestra filled to the rim with world famous musicians? Only BBCSO!

Noticed something very strange and bad...please help. So how do you get expression back to CC 11? If I right click, it just shows me MIDI learn...I can't find anywhere to change the CC back to 11 without defaulting the patch. Took me a while to figure out why the levels weren't changing...LOL

Noticed something very strange and bad...please help. So how do you get expression back to CC 11? If I right click, it just shows me MIDI learn...I can't find anywhere to change the CC back to 11 without defaulting the patch. Took me a while to figure out why the levels weren't changing...LOL
Just learn it back to 11?

Top Bottom