What's new

Spitfire Audio “This is London Calling” - BBC Symphony Orchestra

Hi all! Jumped off the thread some months ago, got to work on some tvshows and used my older template without BBCSO.

These weeks I got some time to redo the template, and after setting everything out...I get so many clicks and pops is pretty unusable. Have the latest version of the plugin, v1.07, optimized library.

I9 7960X 32 core, 128gb 2666ram, pcie NVME drives for the libraries. win10 ,cubase 10.5. Have problems running from VEP7 and inside Cubase. No issues with kontakt stuff.

It's a shame that I get such a poor performance after spending many days building the template, even up to 512kb buffer. Any suggestions?? Asio Guard off, multiprocessor on...

Any suggestions??. Went some pages behind but couldn't find solutions, my apologies if it has been widely discussed, It's hard to find with almost 400 pages!

Thanks very much!!

Alfred

Hi all! Jumped off the thread some months ago, got to work on some tvshows and used my older template without BBCSO.

These weeks I got some time to redo the template, and after setting everything out...I get so many clicks and pops is pretty unusable. Have the latest version of the plugin, v1.07, optimized library.

I9 7960X 32 core, 128gb 2666ram, pcie NVME drives for the libraries. win10 ,cubase 10.5. Have problems running from VEP7 and inside Cubase. No issues with kontakt stuff.

It's a shame that I get such a poor performance after spending many days building the template, even up to 512kb buffer. Any suggestions?? Asio Guard off, multiprocessor on...

Any suggestions??. Went some pages behind but couldn't find solutions, my apologies if it has been widely discussed, It's hard to find with almost 400 pages!

Thanks very much!!

Alfred

It's hard to tell, what are your BBCSO audio settings?
You should try to contact Spitfire support too with your specs

Thanks very much!!

Alfred
Try these settings:

Maximum Voices: 768 (Default 512)
Preload size: 6144 (Default 12288)
Stream Buffer Size: 8192 (Default 65536)
Maximum Pitch Voices: 12 (Default 8)

Originally posted by haus.media here:

Also, make sure the little green loading light has turned green. Additionally, I actually have to play the samples for a few seconds before they play smoothly.

Try these settings:

Maximum Voices: 768 (Default 512)
Preload size: 6144 (Default 12288)
Stream Buffer Size: 8192 (Default 65536)
Maximum Pitch Voices: 12 (Default 8)

Originally posted by haus.media here:

Also, make sure the little green loading light has turned green. Additionally, I actually have to play the samples for a few seconds before they play smoothly.
Oh, great, thank you very much! Will do! So, in general seems you people are pretty happy with the performance.

I did have a similar thing happen a few days ago where a single sustained note on the celli played completely unprompted by any of my MIDI tracks when I tried to play back a woodwind section. I just restarted Cubase and it was ok, but I couldn’t figure out what happened. There were no celli programmed during that section, and I wasn’t accidentally depressing any notes on my keyboard either.

\_(.”)_/

The french review from the cool guys at audiofanzine also just came out; it's the only (french) website from which I read tests and the likes: https://fr.audiofanzine.com/orchest...el-spitfire-audio-bbc-symphony-orchestra.html

It's rated 4,5/5 stars, here's a quick translation of pros and cons:

PROS :

• Complete orchestra
• Audio quality
• Lots of articulations
• Lots of mics
• Nice interface
• Good price in regards to its content

CONS :

• No ensemble patch
• No divisi
• Laborious download (they comment that it wasn't as fast as it should have been using a fiber connection)
• Takes up a lot of storage
• Their own plugin needs to be polished

The french review from the cool guys at audiofanzine also just came out; it's the only (french) website from which I read tests and the likes: https://fr.audiofanzine.com/orchest...el-spitfire-audio-bbc-symphony-orchestra.html

It's rated 4,5/5 stars, here's a quick translation of pros and cons:

PROS :

• Complete orchestra
• Audio quality
• Lots of articulations
• Lots of mics
• Nice interface
• Good price in regards to its content

CONS :

• No ensemble patch
• No divisi
• Laborious download (they comment that it wasn't as fast as it should have been using a fiber connection)
• Takes up a lot of storage
• Their own plugin needs to be polished
Read that too. Nice one !
(Btw: where are you located ?)

Hi all - curious if there are any Logic users here that would be willing to share their templates? Christian's is nice, but doesn't have articulation maps unfortunately. Cheers!

Hi all - curious if there are any Logic users here that would be willing to share their templates? Christian's is nice, but doesn't have articulation maps unfortunately. Cheers!
I bought the Art Conductor thing from Babylon Waves but it doesn’t work right with BBC. I find I have to edit the articulation switches....

Top Bottom