What's new

Spitfire Audio “This is London Calling” - BBC Symphony Orchestra

I have 32gb, on my track i had almost every bbcso instrument loaded (in the cubase template) (then added a few more bbcso instances of my own)
I did remove any artics i wasnt using, i also had about 10 kontakt instances.
I used mix 2 and added the close mic on a few solo instruments and string legato.

but i found that if i wanted to add 3+ mics on one instance with everything in my session loaded,
that was when the cracks and loading problems started (even running off an SSD) and even though it said i had a handful of GB to spare in task manager.
there seems to be some sort of phantom GB buffer usage on playback i think?

I have 32gb, on my track i had almost every bbcso instrument loaded (in the cubase template) (then added a few more bbcso instances of my own)
I did remove any artics i wasnt using, i also had about 10 kontakt instances.
I used mix 2 and added the close mic on a few solo instruments and string legato.

but i found that if i wanted to add 3+ mics on one instance with everything in my session loaded,
that was when the cracks and loading problems started (even running off an SSD) and even though it said i had a handful of GB to spare in task manager.
there seems to be some sort of phantom GB buffer usage on playback i think?

Now I'm actually kind of curious what CPU you guys are using. I'm on a Ryzen 7 3700x, but I see it maxing out frequently at 100%.

If anyone is curious, this is what I came up with using mostly the BBCSO.

Damn I absolutely love this... that's my genre!! Thank you for sharing!

I found the cymbals / piatti a bit sharp / overwhelming here and there, but overall... amazing. Especially towards the end. Even though it needed CSB's support.

At around 2:30, that's still BBCSO brass?

Damn I absolutely love this... that's my genre!! Thank you for sharing!

I found the cymbals / piatti a bit sharp / overwhelming here and there, but overall... amazing. Especially towards the end. Even though it needed CSB's support.

At around 2:30, that's still BBCSO brass?

Yeah, I'm working on toning the cymbals down a wee bit.

It's actually both CSB and BBCSO. I needed CSB's higher dynamic, so the volume on that is lower than BBCSO brass. It's taken me a while to get to appropriate levels haha!

Ive just got a 6700k overclocked to 4.6khz permanently, due for a dredded upgrade soon. whats getting the 3700x maxing out? bbcso template with everything loaded?

I've got the template loaded with every instrument, but with a lot of the articulations removed. It's been puzzling me for a while. Sometimes, restarting my computer resolves the issue temporarily. Kinda tells me it's a RAM issue but my memory isn't normally going past 80-90% when all instruments are playing at once (I have 40GB).

I thought, I'd leave this here. Everything is BBCSO (besides the chimes...). Basically just a little study exploring lydian-b7.

Great piece!

Homay's video got me thinking about re-orchestrating with BBCSO the only waltz I've ever written for a game a few years ago, I hope I'll be able to work on it enough to share it here!

Top Bottom