What's new

Spitfire Audio “This is London Calling” - BBC Symphony Orchestra

All
PC performance issues aside, I think some folk have lost perspective on what BBCSO is.

Remember, it's the complete orchestra. Plus solo strings. Plus a couple of instruments yet to come. Plus a million mic options. For around £700 at the sale price. Yes - other products have more dynamic layers, adjustments, round robins etc, but they also cost a lot more. Take your pick, etc.
all that blah blah... which doesn’t work on Windows 10/Cubase? What’s the point in buying a £10 library that it doesn’t work?

Cinematic Studio Strings and Brass cost me $399+279 = 678. I'm expecting Woodwinds will cost the same, bringing total costs to $957. You might argue BBCSO has percussion, which is true but the Cinematic Studio collection will not "cost a lot more" than BBCSO's default pricing and it will sound IMO way way better. And it's not so much that "other products have more dynamic layers", but the fact that BBCSO has for all intents and purposes only two, which I consider to be pretty much useless. At best BBCSO would be a sketch pad. But that's not what I wanted and neither what I expected it to be. YMMV.

+ CSSS, CSP and Percussions

Well I took the plunge yesterday. Downloaded overnight, no issues, easy setup.

Working in Logic and while there are a few things Im noting to be fixed overall I'm actually surprised at how much I'm enjoying it. Setting up the template as I go, using the babylonwaves art conductor articulation sets which are brilliant and a must have IMO.

I also find this library blends with other libraries very very well, and takes reverb extremely well. Im very happy so far, despite having serious serious doubts at whether I should purchase. Glad I did.

Well I took the plunge yesterday. Downloaded overnight, no issues, easy setup.

Working in Logic and while there are a few things Im noting to be fixed overall I'm actually surprised at how much I'm enjoying it. Setting up the template as I go, using the babylonwaves art conductor articulation sets which are brilliant and a must have IMO.

I also find this library blends with other libraries very very well, and takes reverb extremely well. Im very happy so far, despite having serious serious doubts at whether I should purchase. Glad I did.

Nice To hear! And remember to purge articulations you aren't using. I find it blends with EW stuff nicely.

I found this video of the BBCSO (starts at 13:40). I really like the strings in here, but the library doesn't sound like this. The legatos are too wet and not so smooth... is this the right term? Do wet(ter) libraries always sound wetter than in reality? How can one achieve this exact sound?

Listening to real things is the right approach and the only one if you are going to achieve real things. But I'm afraid to upset you. With the BBC sampler orchestra, this is almost impossible. To our great regret.

But I'm sure you can always easily make trailer music with this.😉

Top Bottom