What's new

Spitfire Audio “This is London Calling” - BBC Symphony Orchestra

Did you get a confirmation from Spitfire that your order shipped? Does it still indicate "Pending" when you check your orders on their website.

Will be interesting to see who else that ordered by 10/14 receives a notice that their order has shipped and is on the way.

I would expect it to say the order is “pending” until it becomes available in the Spitfire app to install, on release day.

I've never pre-ordered from Spitfire before. When it's released, will the library just appear in the Spitfire app? Or do they email you a serial number or something?

I've never pre-ordered from Spitfire before. When it's released, will the library just appear in the Spitfire app? Or do they email you a serial number or something?

Typically, they send you an email letting you know it's ready to be downloaded via the Spitfire app. If it's a Native Instruments Player library, they also provide the serial number. If it's a Spitfire Player library (like this one), no serial number needed - authentication is handled behind the scenes. Wil be interested to see what the download speed is -- that's a lot of bits to download :dancer:

T-Minus...

'The Matrix Revolutions - Main Title' (2003) by Don Davis from the 3rd Matrix movie (Matrix Revolutions):

'Harry Lime Theme' written and performed by Anton Karas for The Third Man movie. It's a 1949 British film noir directed by Carol Reed, written by Graham Greene, and starring Joseph Cotten, Alida Valli, Orson Welles, and Trevor Howard.

The film is set in post–World War II Vienna. It centres on Holly Martins, an American who is given a job in Vienna by his friend Harry Lime, but when Holly arrives in Vienna he gets the news that Lime is dead. Martins then meets with Lime's acquaintances in an attempt to investigate what he considers a suspicious death.

The atmospheric use of black-and-white expressionist cinematography by Robert Krasker, with harsh lighting and distorted "Dutch angle" camera technique, is a major feature of The Third Man. Combined with the iconic theme music, seedy locations and acclaimed performances from the cast, the style evokes the atmosphere of an exhausted, cynical post-war Vienna at the start of the Cold War:

Spitfire Audio PP021 Evo Grid 003 Strings in Motion (released 2016). Orchestrated by Ben Foskett. Trailer music by Oliver Patrice Weder:

Bonus track:
3 hours of Erik Satie - Gymnopédie No.1 (1888):

• Three is the number of dimensions that humans can perceive. Humans perceive the universe to have three spatial dimensions, but some theories, such as string theory, suggest there are more.
  • There is some evidence to suggest that early man may have used counting systems which consisted of "One, Two, Three" and thereafter "Many" to describe counting limits. Early peoples had a word to describe the quantities of one, two, and three but any quantity beyond was simply denoted as "Many". This is most likely based on the prevalence of this phenomenon among people in such disparate regions as the deep Amazon and Borneo jungles, where western civilisations’ explorers have historical records of their first encounters with these indigenous people.
  • Aristotle's 3 main modes of persuasion were Ethos, Pathos and Logos.

Did you get a confirmation from Spitfire that your order shipped? Does it still indicate "Pending" when you check your orders on their website.

Will be interesting to see who else that ordered by 10/14 receives a notice that their order has shipped and is on the way.

I have not gotten any confirmation from Spitfire. But FedEX required this info from me beacuse the Harddrive has arrived here in Norway. Delivery date to me set by FedEx is for Thursday 24th. Custom handeling can take a while here in Norway. But the package is currently awaiting customs clearing.

A FedEx package from Spitfire Audio has also arrived in Japan to be delivered this week. Being so far away, I wasn't expecting it to arrive by the release date, but looks like it will!

Edit: As a side-note, the price of the drive includes international postage. I haven't noticed an additional postage charge.

Last edited:
To do list:

1. create download folder
2. inform neighbors that the Internet is down for 2-3 days
3. buy new SSD
4. clean up the backup hard disk
5. buy beer
6. buy popcorn
7. buy frozen pizza
8. buy more beer
9. monitor download

Bildergebnis für computer müde

So just out of interest I was re-downloading the WW section a couple of days ago, I was also downloading some other stuff at the same time so it slowed my connection down a bit.. but its definitely possible to get great speeds from the S3 servers...

Screenshot 2019-10-18 13.42.51.png

So it will take me 7 hours to download the whole library! One will be able to play with the sections pretty fast then. Great stuff, can't wait!!

Top Bottom