What's new

Spitfire Audio “This is London Calling” - BBC Symphony Orchestra

Not a problem :)

I ended up listening to the complete album. I have to listen to more stuff like this to get an idea of what Peeps are doing with their libraries... I have so much to learn :grin:

The whole thing? I'm genuinely touched that you found something worthwhile there, man. I've enjoyed what I've heard from you as well, so there's some shared taste, I think. Not sure anyone should be learning anything from me, though.... ;)

Hi, Mike :)

Not sure anyone should be learning anything from me, though

I am on a voyage of discovery at the moment. Much of my musical life has been spent pursuing my love of electronic music, Tangerine Dream in particular and trying to emulating that style. Now that I have invested in a library of a couple of string instruments I feel the need to hear what other people are making with them.

Whether or not I will ever reach that stage remains to be seen, but I would still at least like to use my little string library in my electronic/ambient/soundscape stuff at some point in the near future.

You stuff? Well, I actually find it quite relaxing and I enjoyed listening to all of Travelogue. Currently sampling a couple of tracks off Northern Skies...

Anyway! Back to B B C S O ! :grin:

1TB SSD installed - check!
Doubled the amount of RAM - check!

Now I'm all set for my upcoming template with all the sleigh bell articulations loaded - AND with all the mics on!

...I wonder if my CPU can take it though...

Most people here can't hear what sounds good or bad. A few people on here have a good deal of experience with libraries vs. real orchestras, and real orchestras vs. libraries. THOSE people know what sounds good and bad. But the vast majority of the rest of the forum membership doesn't have that experience, and simply does not have a true understanding of what sounds good or bad. Myself included.

That's the real BS*. You can hear what sounds good and bad. That ability gets better with practice, but it doesn't mean you should trust other people's opinions above your own. And I don't hear anyone saying this "sounds bad." I hear them saying it has X dynamic layers and this other library has Y dynamic layers. But how does it SOUND? A guitar that does only one sound really well is a great guitar. This has thousands of great sounds inside. Incredibly musical tone. I plan to make a lot of cool-sounding music with this.

* BS is the Brass Spill mic. :)

Top Bottom