What's new

Spitfire Audio “This is London Calling” - BBC Symphony Orchestra

Stevo B

I think it'll be Albion Two as the ensemble patch versions of the full BBCSO along with Edna/Brunel patches etc based on BBC archive material including the radiophonic workshop. And it'll integrate with the new full BBCSO. That's my Christmas stocking wish (in August) anyway. Plus I've had a few ales 👍

Zedcars

Klaatu barada nikto
So in addition to the sample library they are announcing, I’ve been thinking about that statement CH made. The BBC have a lot of radio stations. Is there a possibility that Spitfire have negotiated a partnership with them for a radio station (maybe DAB, or web-based), or at least a segment on an existing radio station, where composers can showcase their work and have it broadcast? The statement about the “pirate radio” could just be a metaphor, and I think that’s how people are taking it. But, what if he’s being literal?

DarkestShadow

You forgot Christian's vlog.

Ok, could it be a sampler that is more open to content creators than Kontakt? Lowering the threshold for small third party content creators where Kontakt and Creator Tools are not needed.
Yea, I bet I missed some things... although I bet and it looks like most don't have all the bits from different outlets and we're still hitting page 36 soon. :P
Even if you have all the bits, still very nebulous. Would't you say that based on all that's out there, 35 pages is quite extraordinary? :alien: (And it looks like we were already at page 33 or so when Christians vlog came)

Mornats

Ok, could it be a sampler that is more open to content creators than Kontakt? Lowering the threshold for small third party content creators where Kontakt and Creator Tools are not needed.
They would be amazing and that's what I'm hoping it is. Removing the barrier to entry for creating sample libraries (and buying and using them) would be an announcement that would change the sampling industry in my opinion.

DarkestShadow

It's time Kontakt gets some competiton! You get complacent if you are the only one selling/providing something, so - an open sampler would be great!

danbo

Why 35 pages of conjecture? Maybe because VI's are actually a slow moving field so any news is interesting.

If it is the BBC Orchestra why would that be significant? I don't understand the thinking behind boutique libraries, the point with a VI it seems is to get the distillation of an instrument, without individuality, such that it can be used elsewhere. What makes any orchestra great is how they are able to play some piece together as a group to capture the emotion and spirit. But take the players, split them up and have them play one note at a time as evenly as possible? No difference between one and another, a sampled instrument has to be played without emotion. A studio musician would probably be better than top orchestral because they're used to that kind of thing.

danbo

Don't worry, we'll be switching to USDollars soon...
<Digression> I was working in Germany when the UK joined in the EU, except they kept the Pound. My German colleagues all muttered "the Brits always feel like they're special ..." Brexit wasn't a great surprise, but one way or another I hope it works out well.

Now in the US we know we're special, just ask our President.

VinRice

... i am a robot ...
Well, we are about to have that rose-tinted colonial nostalgic fantasy knocked right out of us.

It will not work out well.

pinki

Want to know why Spitfire are rejoicing right now? David Cameron is lining their coffers. There was never a better time to sell from the UK to the US, ever: the pound has catastrophically collapsed similar to end of era communism scenarios...and still there are people in the UK thinking Brexit is a good thing????????

...and Spitfire are laughing all the way to the bank

(My wife solely imports stock from the US for her business - we are heading towards ruin.)

VinRice

... i am a robot ...
<Digression> I was working in Germany when the UK joined in the EU, except they kept the Pound. My German colleagues all muttered "the Brits always feel like they're special ...
That was actually a very sensible strategic decision, nothing to do with attitude. All countries think they are special.

Top Bottom