What's new

Spitfire Audio “This is London Calling” - BBC Symphony Orchestra

I am guessing a whole new Symphonic library series featuring Simon Rattle and the LSO. You heard it here first.

A subscription service makes sense after releasing their whole repertoir in one package.

It's saying "Keynote" so probably announcing various things, much like Orchestral Tools at the beginning of this year. Also probably a while before they roll out whatever they announce...Great Marketing though..

I don't know what it is. But I know that before evening I’ll be hard pressed to spend the money I don't have.

Paolo

I've learned to take their announcements cum grano salis a long time ago, but in this case I agree that it is probably about the major policy change rather than a new product, per se. Most likely subscription service and / or complete departure from Kontakt and Kontakt Player in favor of the new engine. Personally, I'm not keen to either of these.

On the other hand, maybe they're planning a "big gift" for us, but this time in a true sense of the word. ;) (Fat chance of that..)

So, let's do some digging to see what this little teaser might reveal.

The first hint is the text: This is London calling.
A quick search finds
"The words 'This is London Calling …' were used by the BBC World Service during WWII as part of its broadcast to occupied countries."

The BBC link is also in the image's title: Auntie. An informal name for the BBC. Maybe just the name for the inspiration for the quote, maybe more...

If you want to be more obscure, conspiracy-style, there was also a monthly magazine inspired of it. (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/London_Calling_(magazine))

What does this mean? Probably nothing at all! (Or does it...) ://

Anyone by chance know what the background of the quote is? I brightened it up a lot and it looks to be a microphone, but perhaps someone can link it to something more.

Attachments

• auntie.png
    auntie.png
    481.9 KB · Views: 61
Maybe they have become the official suppliers of samples for the BBC!

The mic grid seems to recall the typical broadcast mics.

Paolo

So, let's do some digging to see what this little teaser might reveal.

The first hint is the text: This is London calling.
A quick search finds
"The words 'This is London Calling …' were used by the BBC World Service during WWII as part of its broadcast to occupied countries."

The BBC link is also in the image's title: Auntie. An informal name for the BBC. Maybe just the name for the inspiration for the quote, maybe more...

If you want to be more obscure, conspiracy-style, there was also a monthly magazine inspired of it. (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/London_Calling_(magazine))

What does this mean? Probably nothing at all! (Or does it...) ://

Anyone by chance know what the background of the quote is? I brightened it up a lot and it looks to be a microphone, but perhaps someone can link it to something more.
It’s actually a fly’s eye. The sample library will be insect based featuring a solo bumble bee and an angry arachnid (yeah, I know spiders aren’t technically insects!).

Didn't they suggest a couple of months ago that whatever was coming this summer would actually be a game changer..

So it's hardly just a new library is it?

Seriously, I think they'll split the company, one for the sampling world, maybe now with their own studio and their own plugin, and the second one will be a kind of "production and edition" company, dealing more with the talents. This could be ingenious, you sell tools and you sell the results of these tools... very smart and everything is done by good and honest people that we love... If it's the case, A sincere GOOD luck to them !

If I had one I would bet my third testicle that it will be a subscription service, in spite of the fact that they themselves have said that this is not going to happen in the foreseeable future. I am just going to ignore that and stick to the subscription service. Yes, I am pretty sure that it is going to be a subscription service. It's as clear as the fact that that Kate Perry song is a complete rip-off from what's his name's song.

And btw, the earth is flat.

Alright, I’ll shoot.
“Spitfire London Orchestra”, a new flagship orchestra library. Released in modular sections over the next few years. Price decrease for the exiting symphony line.

Long shot..

I hear a lot of people still thinking it's a subscription, but I seriously doubt it given that they said 'no intentions' a few days ago, as well as supposedly being in the planning for a long time.

Some of my speculation, some a bit out of the box or unrealistic, but what might be cool is:
-Hardware: A Spitfire keyboard/controller that's tailored to their libraries.
-Software? A mini-daw/sampling platform to make and share your own samples.
-A big change to their old libraries: moved to their new sampler platform, ditching Kontakt.
-A new library? What would be really 'a new chapter the history of sampling' in this area?

Yeah I am pretty sure it's not the subscription service. I think it could be that they are ditching Kontakt and moving everything to their own sampler. Or maybe it is a collaboration with another sample dev? Jumping on board with The Orchestral Tools and their upcoming sample player? Or doing something with VSL and their player? Maybe they think that they have sampled everything that they want to sample at AIR and are starting a new symphonic line in a different hall in Central Europe?

Top Bottom