What's new

Spitfire Audio “This is London Calling” - BBC Symphony Orchestra

I'm going to sign out of this thread now until release day when I will tune back in, as you lot are attempting to make me buy a library I don't require. ;)

I'll leave you with this though. Post release, I promise to Amazon Prime a tin of Quality Street to the first (UK based) member who posts an audio example of the sleigh bells, ALL MICS.

You can hold me to this. Laters!
A

well, that's me out....:rolleyes:

I only see the following walkthrough videos:

Overview
Strings
Brass
Mic signals

If the full winds and perc walkthroughs also available, please, let me know, thank you!

Winds, percussion and legato walkthroughs are missing, as I see.

I think the previous poster meant that the Woodwinds and Percussion are demo'd in the full walkthrough. Specific videos dealing with them alone have not been released yet.

Am surprised there is no direct link on the Spitfire site to the Strings, Brass and Mic videos or to Christian's video, only indirectly through the main walkthrough video and a YouTube playlist, which could be easily missed - it's not obvious to a casual observer.

If I camped outside their offices, do you think I could get it sooner? Or maybe I’d just get arrested for loitering with intent. :roflmao:

On a serious note, I hope they are dusting down their franking machine. If these drives arrive late they are going to have a lot of people the opposite of gruntled. They will be finding out how many dynamic layers there are to irked customers complaints!

Question about library updates.

The problem with library updates in Kontakt when using fixed template is that you have to reload updated patch and resave template each time there's an update.

So what about BBCSO player? I guest it will be different.

Until recently you could have put an Extinction Rebellion logo on the tent to fox everyone, but the police have been arresting them all so I wouldn't recommend that now.
Thanks for the useful tip. I wonder what the carbon footprint of a typical media composer is. Prolly on the high side due to all that gear burning 24/7. Let’s not tell the protesters or we’ll find them all chained to our front doors before long! :whistling:

Truth is, they do have an awful lot going on besides BBCSO. I selfishly want them to post nothing but updates & walkthrough videos for this library, but I know they've got plenty on their plates. Sure am looking forward to those woodwinds, though. 😁

T-Minus...

"O mio babbino caro" ("Oh My Beloved Father") is in 6/8 time (after a few bars in 3/4). It's a soprano aria from the opera Gianni Schicchi (1918) by Giacomo Puccini to a libretto by Giovacchino Forzano:

"6 Underground" (1996) by Sneaker Pimps. The horns and the harp melody at the beginning of the song are both sampled from "Golden Girl", a track from the 1964 James Bond film Goldfinger (the song plays during a scene when Bond discovers Jill Masterson covered in gold paint):

“You’ve Got To Hide Will Love Away” by The Beatles is in 6/8 time:

Bonus track:
"The Prisoner" (1967) theme by Ron Grainer and opening titles. Starring the unforgettable Patrick McGoohan as Number 6 ("I am not a number - I am a free man!" :) ):

• 6 is the atomic number of carbon.
  • 6 is a unitary perfect number, a primary pseudoperfect number, a harmonic divisor number and a superior highly composite number, the last to also be a primorial.
  • 6 kingdoms in the taxonomic rank below domain (biology); Animalia, Plantae, Fungi, Protista, Archaea/Archaeabacteria, and Bacteria/Eubacteria.
  • In three-dimensional Euclidean space, there are six unknown support reactions for a statically determinate structure: one force in each of the three dimensions, and one moment through each of three possible orthogonal planes.
  • There are said to be no more than six degrees of separation between any two people on Earth.

Question about library updates.

The problem with library updates in Kontakt when using fixed template is that you have to reload updated patch and resave template each time there's an update.

So what about BBCSO player? I guest it will be different.
People who own Eric W. Choir or Hans Zimmer Strings should know

Top Bottom