What's new

Spitfire Audio “This is London Calling” - BBC Symphony Orchestra

MaxOctane

But for me the more recent focus on pre-release hype & marketing has become way to over the top.
Here we are approaching 134 pages and 2700 posts for a library that hasn't even been released.
Yes we get a few demos & a walkthrough but IMO a 6-8 week buildup of conjecture,people guessing about content,efficiency and possible future BBC editions gets quite tedious,it becomes 2700 posts of pure speculation.

Yes the Spitfire team are smart,very talented and know how to maximize their profitability.
IMO as successful & talented as they are,they could have had their event & released BBC within 2 or 3 weeks and still have an incredible release.
The dragged out timeframe of the announcement and the eventual release of w/ all of this hype,conjecture and speculation actually turns me off and often makes me leery of preordering.
I'll just point out that there's been cases recently where other, smaller library developers have pre-announced their products weeks in advance, with teasers etc, and they generated just one or two pages of posts, if lucky.

So I don't put it on Spitfire -- we're the ones hyping BBCSO, not them.

Zedcars

Klaatu barada nikto
I'll just point out that there's been cases recently where other, smaller library developers have pre-announced their products weeks in advance, with teasers etc, and they generated just one or two pages of posts, if lucky.

So I don't put it on Spitfire -- we're the ones hyping BBCSO, not them.
If I may make a small correction: I think both parties are guilty.

Some reasons for the difference in hype levels:

Firstly, the smaller developers are smaller, so the interest is therefore smaller. Secondly, SA are using every trick in the book to build momentum and generate interest. And thirdly, the release is a big one from a well respected orchestra, has potentially wide appeal and great bang for your buck.

Last edited:

Alex Fraser

For the record I like Spitfire & I have tons of their libraries.
But for me the more recent focus on pre-release hype & marketing has become way to over the top.
Here we are approaching 134 pages and 2700 posts for a library that hasn't even been released.
Yes we get a few demos & a walkthrough but IMO a 6-8 week buildup of conjecture,people guessing about content,efficiency and possible future BBC editions gets quite tedious,it becomes 2700 posts of pure speculation.

Yes the Spitfire team are smart,very talented and know how to maximize their profitability.
IMO as successful & talented as they are,they could have had their event & released BBC within 2 or 3 weeks and still have an incredible release.
The dragged out timeframe of the announcement and the eventual release of w/ all of this hype,conjecture and speculation actually turns me off and often makes me leery of preordering.
Lately I've become more comfortable waiting for the release,see real world user comments about quality,limitations,bugs etc.... and buy later if I want it during a sale.
A case in point couple of their recent hyped big releases I skipped after hearing users gripes and disappointments and I was thrilled I held off,the more hype the less I feel comfortable preordering.
As talented and successful that Spitfire is I wish they'd trust their talent and their clientele to make a decision without the 2 month hype train.

This of course is just my opinion.
Sure, but to be fair, the amount of postings is nothing to do with Spitfire. And at least 700 of those posts have been spent arguing about Christmas chocolate and a certain type of bell often heard around the festive season.

Personally, I don’t have an issue with the pre release hype. It’s all part of the fun. Note this isn’t even the “official thread” on the subject. That’s elsewhere and has had much less traction.

Last edited:

Zedcars

Klaatu barada nikto
Sure, but to be fair, the amount of postings is nothing to do with Spitfire. And at least 700 of those posts have been spent arguing about Christmas chocolate and a certain type of bell often heard around the festive season.

Note this isn’t even the official thread on the subject. That’s elsewhere.
Woah...700? Definitely a lot of heated debates have been had on the two polarising topics, but no way is it 700 posts. I’d count them but feel my soul would die a little trying.

Alex Fraser

Woah...700? Definitely a lot of heated debates have been had on the two polarising topics, but no way is it 700 posts. I’d count them but feel my soul would die a little trying.
Haha, well it seems like it!
This thread was originally about trying to decipher the marketing clues and work out what the library actually was. (And we were pretty good at that 😉)

And we’re probably not even halfway yet. Don’t forget, we’ve got the release, the inevitable “problems with my download” posts, then initial impressions, then that moment when someone finds a faulty legato transition on the tuba patch (whilst doing something weirdly specific to trigger it) and starts another almighty argument. 😎

Last edited:

Jdiggity1

Stroking The Frog
I think we were referring specifically to the chocolate and sleigh bell topics, not the overall total. Sorry I wasn’t clear.
You are absolutely correct. And Alex was absolutely clear. And I am absolutely padding out this response with nonsense as I have nothing significant to say.
Don't mind me

Francis Bourre

Hey Gussunkri - I just recorded a walkthru of mic positions yesterday - its being edited Monday so I think that should be available to watch on Tuesday. Its actually really fascinating seeing how the sound changes - there are a lot of options in here.

Thanks!

Paul
So, what's happened to this walkthrough? Any news?

Zedcars

Klaatu barada nikto
So I went looking for bass flute videos, then came across the contrabass flute, only to be confronted with the subcontrabass flute with 15ft of tubing. Then I clapped my eyes on the double contrabass flute with 22ft of tubing! Wow. I thought it couldn’t get any bigger and deeper. I was wrong!

I present to you the extraordinary sight and haunting sound of the 49ft tube Hyperbass Flute 😯

Last edited:
Top Bottom