What's new

Spitfire Audio “This is London Calling” - BBC Symphony Orchestra

Denkii

The FAQ page now mentions, that BBCSO will indeed be part of the upcoming black Friday and Christmas sales. Didn't it specifically state the opposite earlier?

Sjoerd Visser

The FAQ page now mentions, that BBCSO will indeed be part of the upcoming black Friday and Christmas sales. Didn't it specifically state the opposite earlier?
Not really. They stated it will be part of the sale, but it will only go down to the introduction / pre-order price.

James H

01001000 01101001
It did yes, but was changed a few days later. It was very clear.
They said to me it was originally to give users the reassurance it wouldn’t drop further in price come sale time.
So good for late adopters.

Denkii

It did yes, but was changed a few days later. It was very clear.
They said to me it was originally to give users the reassurance it wouldn’t drop further in price come sale time.
So good for late adopters.
Thank you. I thought I was going mad.
So no need to rush. Let those reviews roll in.
@Cory Pelizzari any chance you plan on picking this up? :emoji_angel:

Is the mic perspectives overview video landing this week? I'm still curious about the target Atmos workflow. If the quad height channels are pre-mixed, there has to be a specific mic blend they're meant to be used with. Having a premade 5.1.4 setup would be downright glorious.

Noeticus

Motion Picture Producer
Is the mic perspectives overview video landing this week? I'm still curious about the target Atmos workflow. If the quad height channels are pre-mixed, there has to be a specific mic blend they're meant to be used with. Having a premade 5.1.4 setup would be downright glorious.
And, let's hope there is also a 7.1.4 as well.

James H

01001000 01101001
So... the introductory price of $749 runs through 11/04, and then drops back to that price again on Black Friday?
Then again at Christmas.

I think this BBC version should be a hard fixed price personally, the one it's at now. It would fit with the whole community vibe thing and "universal starting point" they are promoting.

sostenuto

Big NKS Fan !
Seems strong offering and good Intro pricing .... but size /cost makes me wish for Lite version with minimal Upgrade cost .... a la SF _ Core / Pro, or Audiobro.

Purchase at Intro requires large new SSD(s), :crying:

Last edited:
Hey all; - when making an atmos mix we suggest -

"Atmos front and rear" are designed to go into the x.x.4
Essentially the "Sides" can go where ever the mixer feels good to them
Tree/Outs in the LCR and Amb/Balcony in the rear.
Close/Mids in LR

But of course - its horses for courses, its like you have the multitrack right there and you can mix it to your taste.

Thanks,

Paul

OP
Fleer

Fleer

Feeding the Trolls
Seems strong offering and good Intro pricing .... but size /cost makes me wish for Lite version with minimal Upgrade cost .... a la SF _ Core / Pro, or Audiobro.

Purchase at Intro requires large new SSD(s), :crying:
I’m closely watching Samsung T5 SSD pricing :)
Then again, that Spitfire SSD contains one of the latest and greatest Samsung drives.

BassClef

For BBCSO... I'm running low on storage... rather than drop $200 on the Spitfire SSD, I'll likely buy another one of these... (see below) I already have one with two 1TB SSDs. And then pick up a 2TB 2.5" SSD for around $200-225. So for 50% more than the Spitfire SSD, I'll have 2TB and can later drop in another 2TB for a total of 4TB in that enclosure. I have pretty fast internet speeds so downloading is of no concern.

miket

It looks like this library is what has finally backed me into a corner with my current iMac. The CPU is under minimum specification, my internal SSD will lose a lot of breathing room with this installed, and as far as I understand it, streaming samples from an external SSD via USB 2.0 or Thunderbolt (my only options on a 2011 machine) is a fool's errand.

Hope family is generous this Christmas....

Top Bottom