What's new

SPITFIRE - Announcing Spitfire Studio Strings! 24 Hours LEFT on Promo Price!

So, if woodwinds, brass and percussion are priced the same, a full high quality orchestra with lot of articulations will now cost only 1000 €/$ (twice for even more versatility)? Really shocking.

Paolo

So, if woodwinds, brass and percussion are priced the same, a full high quality orchestra with lot of articulations will now cost only 1000 €/$ (twice for even more versatility)? Really shocking.

Paolo

Maybe Symphony Orchestra Bundle gets quite close with good BlkFri discount.
So it gets down to 'New Chapter' or Air Lyndhurst for me.

Any enthusiastic AIR voters before I choose ?? o_O

@Spitfire Team ; I'm really liking what I'm seeing in the articulation list. It would be great if we could get an additional walk through of the more colorful articulations found in the FX patches, especially the Hairpins and Textures. Also, any thoughts for adding some additional Legato patches such as the famous Fast and Runs Legato found in your Chamber Strings library? The way those patches work are wonderful and it would be great to have that capability with this library. In the Standard library walk-through, Paul demonstrated the Violins Legato and played a rather fast passage that did not sound very convincing at that speed. It seems like these legatos are designed for lyrical phrases in a more slow/long phrased performance. Thoughts?

Cheers,

C

Last edited:
Also, @Spitfire Team ; The "stretch" feature. Is this the same scripting from the other stretch features in your SSO line found in the TMPro Patches? If so, I do remember reporting some bugs with this in those libraries to which your Support line mentioned that this feature was not intended to be automated, it's more of a "set and forget" feature. Based on Paul's walk through, it seems like this isn't the case anymore. Can you confirm that and if so, will we be seeing an update to the older libraries with that feature so they can be automated now without issue?

Thanks,

C

I am listening to this with a construction crew tearing up sidewalk not too many feet away. This.. is hard on me, the beautiful strings, then the jackhammers..

Start and stop the video until you sync up with the Jackhammers. Who knows, this may be Zimmer's new trend and you could beat him to the punch.

Can Spitfire explain something about the walkthrough for the Core Studio Strings?

As I understand it this version is Tree Mics only?

Is this walkthrough of this Mic position? If so why do some patches show a Mic mixer with varying positions between Close and Far in the GUI?

Just need to know whether we are listening to the sound of the Core library in the Core walkthrough and if so why the GUI seems to show it is adjustable? Was this done with a Beta that has since been fixed?

any thoughts for adding some additional Legato patches such as the infamous Fast and Runs Legato found in your Chamber Strings library? The way those patches work are wonderful and it would be great to have that capability with this library.
I'm curious, did you mean to say "famous;" or was the Fast and Runs Legato actually infamous, and if so, then why?

Best,

Geoff

Goodness knows I don’t need another library, but MAN, do these strings sound AMAZING!

I basically work for Spitfire at this point. Every other paycheck is a beautiful new library!

I need to stay of the internet LOL!

Ok, the big question - Standard or Pro.

I like $199 and with already owning SCS Pro and SsS I’d probably be good. I’m planning to use it for layering.

But... DIVISI!!!

I'm curious, did you mean to say "famous;" or was the Fast and Runs Legato actually infamous, and if so, then why?

Best,

Geoff
I meant famous because they were a huge game changer for the original Sable library (For me at least). I also consider them to be the best playable Runs legato on the market, above OSR and whatever string libraries with "adaptive" legatos can do. Again, this is all my subjective opinion but In my experience, their Runs Legato in Chamber Strings was certainly revolutionary at the time and still manages to maintain a heavy foothold in my template when I need to write those flourishing runs.

Last edited:
You had me at flautando.
I don't know if I have budget for this yet but it sounds/looks amazing. And if there are woods and brass coming...yup could be very good. Somebody mentioned perc earlier in the thread, have I missed something? I didn't see any mention of perc. from SF.

Top Bottom