What's new

SPITFIRE - Announcing Spitfire Studio Strings! 24 Hours LEFT on Promo Price!

miket

Here's a piece I put together last night using the new Spitfire Studio Strings (pro version) in orchestral context with other Spitfire libraries (so, not intended to put the string sounds under a microscope by themselves). For this piece, I used only the largest groupings in the pro version. Additional verb is VSS3. I like the beef and heft of the the shorts in this new library (especially in the lower strings). At higher velocities, there's some real power there.

Sounds great!

Dr.Quest

Here's a piece I put together last night using the new Spitfire Studio Strings (pro version) in orchestral context with other Spitfire libraries (so, not intended to put the string sounds under a microscope by themselves). For this piece, I used only the largest groupings in the pro version. Additional verb is VSS3. I like the beef and heft of the the shorts in this new library (especially in the lower strings). At higher velocities, there's some real power there.

Wow! Lovely piece of music! Love it!

ism

very nice!

dogdad

Very nice Lee! Thank you for sharing!

kgdrum

pestilential? contrariety?

I've often said Piet's swashbuckling use of his second language puts my usage of my first and only language to shame.

no kidding! lol
I have to actually think about the meaning of some of the words as they're rarely used in the conversational english of NYC.

Yo!

Last edited:

madfloyd

Did you add artificial reverb to Studio Strings to make it blend/match the other SF libraries? I like the composition but to me the amount of reverb seems unnatural.

Lee Blaske

Did you add artificial reverb to Studio Strings to make it blend/match the other SF libraries? I like the composition but to me the amount of reverb seems unnatural.
I used VSS3 on the strings. Just the choice I used on this piece. I was going for a bigger sound.

sostenuto

Big NKS Fan !
In SStS Professional version, is it possible to load majority on SSD and place some Mic content on HDD to access when desired?

Last edited:

AlexanderSchiborr

I enjoyed the demo at 2 minutes everything before is just random writing and noise to me. But at 2 minutes..its getting a few pretty cool! Apart from that: Where are any Andy Demos for that library? Would be interesting to hear something from him..curious why they had none from him there, he is really good and did some really great stuff for other sf libraries.

miket

Me too. Confusing times. The threads on this forum about this library have been a combination of legit complaints (with sound examples of excess noise, inconsistencies, and tuning issues), but also compositions featuring the library that are among the best I've heard.
I think all of those artifacts and imperfections which are obvious in spotlighted isolation just don't have much of an effect in the context of actual music.

I've worked with libraries that have far more glaring inconsistencies than what's been demonstrated from this one, and still managed to make music with them which is just fine (sonically; can't speak for my abilities as a composer).

If anything, slightly unpolished samples are what add humanity to our world of musical illusion, provided that they aren't totally compromised in playability, or obviously repeated in round robins. I have no reason to feel that either is the case here, unless you insist on using regular longs as detachés, I'll concede. ;) Although, I bet that could be done fairly convincingly with a breath controller.

I think SStS, and the series as a whole, will ultimately fare very well, and I'm following it quite closely....

Last edited:

sostenuto

Big NKS Fan !
Yes. You put the samples on the hard drives where you want them and then do a batch resave and it saves all the patches with the correct location of the samples on different drives.
Thank-you! Only ~ six days to decide whether to go with Pro vs Core … and such major content size difference.
Hoping this approach will be viable until more SSD space can be added.

Top Bottom