What's new

Spitfire and Embertone sales - when?

Embertone last year had a one day (Black Friday) special on their Walker piano & Joshua Bell violin combo. I would assume we all need to wait until Black Friday again this month for their special, should they have one.

There may be a couple items on sale for Spitfire on Black Friday- the BBCSO will be back at intro price. Or still on intro price. But mainly they do a wishlist sale starting Christmas day. You need to put items you are interested in on your Wishlist before Christmas Eve. Last year, everything on the list that wasn't on sale got 40% off codes. Bundles were 30% off, which resulted in slightly more than 40% off the individual products.

Edit: also make sure you sign up for their email. They send the discount codes by email. You can unsubscribe after.

If I recall correctly, last year Spitfire did a short Black Friday weekend sale, with discounts across most products, although not quite to the level of the wish list discounts.

If I recall correctly, last year Spitfire did a short Black Friday weekend sale, with discounts across most products, although not quite to the level of the wish list discounts.
Other than "The Ton" which was a 3 product bundle that was greatly discounted, it was better to wait.

Last year the BF Spitfire sale was brief and storewide: 25% off individual products and up to 77% with collections. My memory is that is what it has been every BF for Spitfire for the last three years. The Wishlist sale is much better for everything unless there is something that comes out like "The Ton." The exception to both of these things is anything that was recently released. But everybody is wise to this so maybe Spitfire will change this up someday.

Embertone does something different every year. Once they had a Sonokinetic approach, with a special deal every day or so. What is a constant is they have some very generous deals, so it's good to think about what you want.

Last year the BF Spitfire sale was brief and storewide: 25% off individual products and up to 77% with collections. My memory is that is what it has been every BF for Spitfire for the last three years. The Wishlist sale is much better for everything unless there is something that comes out like "The Ton." The exception to both of these things is anything that was recently released. But everybody is wise to this so maybe Spitfire will change this up someday.

Embertone does something different every year. Once they had a Sonokinetic approach, with a special deal every day or so. What is a constant is they have some very generous deals, so it's good to think about what you want.
77% ? I want to buy studio orchestral bundle, is it considered a collection?

77% ? I want to buy studio orchestral bundle, is it considered a collection?
I think that what that means is that you always get a discount when you buy a bundle, and when you add their BF sale to that, some of them would add "up to 77%."

But "up to 77%" means that some will be discounted less than that. I'm going to take a wild guess and say that they don't discount their bestsellers 77%.

That said, I have the Studio Woodwinds, and when I checked in the last Wish List, the upgrade to the other two was extremely reasonable. I think you're going to get a great deal.

Also if you buy a bundle where you have part of it already, SA does discount it by what you already have. So, like when I bought the Ton last year, it cost me something like $65 instead of $99 because I had one of the instruments already.

I get it that it's been a goddamn black friday for the whole past year, but somehow it starts to puzzle me when we are now seemingly entitled for huge sales.

Two weeks before actual black friday and panic creeps in if there isn't that huge sale going on already.

I get it that it's been a goddamn black friday for the whole past year, but somehow it starts to puzzle me when we are now seemingly entitled for huge sales.

Two weeks before actual black friday and panic creeps in if there isn't that huge sale going on already.
I'm actually okay with no sales. I would save a lot of money.

Who am I kidding. I would find something else to buy....

Also if you buy a bundle where you have part of it already, SA does discount it by what you already have. So, like when I bought the Ton last year, it cost me something like $65 instead of $99 because I had one of the instruments already.
I owned one of the libraries too. I wish I had checked... :unsure:

What I need is more time to practise and hone my musical skills. I can sit at the piano and lose half a day without even realising.

So I'm hoping that 'BBC Dr Who Tardis' goes on sale this Black Friday, so I can keep going back in time to when I had a broad mind and a narrow waist.....

Last edited:

I'm sorry if it struck you that way, I didn't mean to come across as entitled. And to be honest, I totally get what you're saying, and I've certainly gotten sucked into getting things I don't need. On the other hand, I know the deals are coming so I'm trying to plan on making a couple smart purchases. :)

I get the planning. Last year I decided I was tired of crappy cheap orchestral VIs but I could only afford a good one on a good sale. But it was still expensive and I had to plan any other purchases around it. I don't think that's entitled. Especially if you are a hobbyist or just starting out. Now if I complain that it is overpriced after I get it at 40% off when many others paid full price? Then I'm probably entitled.

I wouldn't call it "entitled", but it does feel like a stupid game of chicken sometimes... are you going to blink first and buy, or am I going to blink first and make a deeper discount?

I've said this before, I like the idea of people buying things when they have a project that calls for them, or they want to buy a new toy, instead of buying things when the developer has a sale. But I'm not going to try to change the entire world, and even developers who did very few sales in the past seem to be doing bigger and deeper discounts now.

I wouldn't call it "entitled", but it does feel like a stupid game of chicken sometimes... are you going to blink first and buy, or am I going to blink first and make a deeper discount?

I've said this before, I like the idea of people buying things when they have a project that calls for them, or they want to buy a new toy, instead of buying things when the developer has a sale. But I'm not going to try to change the entire world, and even developers who did very few sales in the past seem to be doing bigger and deeper discounts now.
It's the way of economics. When there are few companies providing goods, they can basically charge what they want. As more and more companies enter the marketplace, competition requires you either be the best so people will spend more for your product or lower your prices to get more of the market. None of them are perfect, except maybe VSL, though they did come out with a lower cost alternative. And they have sales as well.

You also have to figure many of us buying who look for sales would not buy without the sales. We are hobbyists and have no need for 10 different sets of violins. But it is sure nice to have the option.

Top Bottom