What's new

Spitfire Albion Ostinatum Presets

kurtvanzo

Capt. Zorro
Hey Albion fans, I'm trying to go through all the Ostinatum Presets, but can only find the "Redux" folder of newer presets. The Spitfire Redux page states:

• ALL NEW “OSTINATUM” PRESET PATTERNS – Over 100 Carefully hewn and polished, inspiring, contemporary and incredibly musical Ostinatum patterns (these are newly created and independent of the Albion 1 Ostinatum content)

Is there a folder of original Ostinatum presets? Is there anyplace to find more? I want to organize a folder of my favorites, and make some of my own, but I want to make sure to see what's already out there before I start building new ones. Thanks :)

Don't use the Ostinatum feature. Use the Time Stretching Patches instead. Which will give you instantly a tighter controllable sound.

If you lack in Pattern creation load up Ostinatum patch and copy the rhythm into the midi track of your Time Machine Patch.

I recommend pulling up the ambience fader if you shorten the spiccato/stacatto notes. The more you stretch, the more ambience/hall you loose. Of course inserting a reverb on ouputs would be an advise if you mix in 5.1.

Tip: If you wanna create something like Loure/ Quavers (or whatever they're called), load up the Tenuto (or Marcato for more attack) and Time Strecht them to the opposite side (fader to the right). Not only do you get a beautiful warm sound which length you can control to some point, but due to time strechting you'll also get an "Hyper Air Studios" Reverb. Please be warned some Articulations (I think it was Albion I and III) tend to get artificials very soon as you touch the Time stretching fader. 2 ways to handle it. Either these instruments aren't important and you can mix them down so you won't hear the artifacts or you treat them with some Waves plugins (which leads most likely to not overwhelming results). Most times I decide to leave out these few articulations.
Best -AR-

Don't use the Ostinatum feature. Use the Time Stretching Patches instead. Which will give you instantly a tighter controllable sound.

If you lack in Pattern creation load up Ostinatum patch and copy the rhythm into the midi track of your Time Machine Patch.

I recommend pulling up the ambience fader if you shorten the spiccato/stacatto notes. The more you stretch, the more ambience/hall you loose. Of course inserting a reverb on ouputs would be an advise if you mix in 5.1.

Tip: If you wanna create something like Loure/ Quavers (or whatever they're called), load up the Tenuto (or Marcato for more attack) and Time Strecht them to the opposite side (fader to the right). Not only do you get a beautiful warm sound which length you can control to some point, but due to time strechting you'll also get an "Hyper Air Studios" Reverb. Please be warned some Articulations (I think it was Albion I and III) tend to get artificials very soon as you touch the Time stretching fader. 2 ways to handle it. Either these instruments aren't important and you can mix them down so you won't hear the artifacts or you treat them with some Waves plugins (which leads most likely to not overwhelming results). Most times I decide to leave out these few articulations.
Best -AR-

Thanks AR! Haven't heard back from SF yet. Didn't realize I could pull the midi out of Ostinatum, cool! I'll try your suggestions, I have a few other libraries with shorts I can try as well.

Are you talking about Albion 1 REDUX or Albion ONE? I have Albion 1 REDUX and I don't know how to pull the midi out of Ostinatum...

This was an old and evidently dead thread. But since it is alive again, for whatever it is worth, I believe you are correct that there is no way to drag MIDI out of the Ostinatum ... which makes sense to me, since the actual velocity of the notes an Ostinatum pattern isn't determined until you are actually playing a group of notes with it. Maybe AR just intended to suggest manually duplicating the pattern from the Ostinatum.

As to the OP question, I have Albion 1 Redux as well, and also have only the Redux folder of Ostinatum presets. I think that's all that was included. Anyway, I never use them, since it is so easy to create one's own original osti setups anyway.

Just in case someone is interested:
I'd like to find a forum/method if trading the Ostinato pattern files for Albion One.
I have made some of my own, but and think it would be great if users can trade/post/download the files we'd created.

I haven't found anywhere on-line where this is available..so maybe we could start something?

Let me know if this is of interest to you.

Peace,

K8ch
https://www.reverbnation.com/keithhaydon

Okay...good to know.
I've only created a few, myself, but I'm hoping that others will express an interest in creating/trading their patterns.

So, I can send you the patterns (files) I'd made sometime...and perhaps you might also try to create some, yourself?

(I -really- wish there was an easier way to create/edit the Ostinato patterns. I don't think you can really "edit" them, at all...can you?)

Peace,

Keith

Sure, that sounds great. I'd love to try and create some patterns myself. The interface is a little small and fiddly to fine tune (wish they'd make it bigger) but I do like it. I'm just about to check out the time stretching patches as I've neglected them so far.

Yeah, I've gotta try the time stretching, too. That never would've occurred to me but then, I have a lot to learn about the ways to best use this library.
I absolutely agree: It's too small to see without putting my face right up to the screen.

Keith

Just in case someone is interested:
I'd like to find a forum/method if trading the Ostinato pattern files for Albion One.
I have made some of my own, but and think it would be great if users can trade/post/download the files we'd created.

I haven't found anywhere on-line where this is available..so maybe we could start something?

Let me know if this is of interest to you.

Peace,

K8ch

Did this happen? Anyone created a thread here or somewhere else to share Ostinato files?

I'd be interested and have some to share, I do find the size of the interface a big problem with ageing eyes though. The other problem I have is naming the files... I'm not very specific!

I do find the size of the interface a big problem with ageing eyes though. The other problem I have is naming the files... I'm not very specific!

The tiny size renders it useless to me and the preset management is cumbersome to say the least. Way easier to use a midi plugin like Cthulhu or something similar, and usually more flexible with more options.

The tiny size renders it useless to me and the preset management is cumbersome to say the least. Way easier to use a midi plugin like Cthulhu or something similar, and usually more flexible with more options.

I absolutely agree about the tiny size...and naming files is pretty arbitrary.
"Cool rhythmic thing"..."Cool rhythmic thing 02"..."skips along"...

Although Cthulhu would be an option, I have a gut feeling that using the built-in Spitfire ostinato's would be better sounding than using a 3rd party plugin-in to play ostinato notes.
I could be wrong (it wouldn't be the first time).
(When I need an arp, I generally use "BlueArp". That, too, has presets that can be shared, I think...)

So true about the size of the gui..

Yeah, the ostinatum is way better than putting an arpeggio before it..

Top Bottom