Spinoff of I Nominate Uncut Gems for Worst Score in Recent Memory

givemenoughrope

I'm quite (nervously) looking forward to seeing this off the back of some stellar reviews. Importantly perhaps, many have commented that watching the film is like having a full-blown panic attack. I even heard of walkouts as it was too instense an experience. The general view also seems to be that this is only Adam Sandler's second strong performance, along with Punch Drunk Love.

I assume that everything about the film is cranked way up by deliberate intent, including the score. I usually don't get on with that style, but this has me curious enough to give it a shot.
Yea, maybe take a break from your safe, woke narratives and give Joker a shot as well.

OP
G

givemenoughrope

And that's exactly the kind of eye-rollingly pathetic post that makes me not bother as much with VI-C as I once did.
Same. After scrolling past a countless number of your condescending posts I think it's probably nice of me to give you a hint.

Will revert to the occasional tech post here. A shame, there's some great people here and great posts in this thread, but life is too short.
You've wanked it up thoroughly at the other place but unfortunately you're a mod over there and can't be ignored. Unlike here...

jtnyc

Same. After scrolling past a countless number of your condescending posts I think it's probably nice of me to give you a hint.

You've wanked it up thoroughly at the other place but unfortunately you're a mod over there and can't be ignored. Unlike here...
You come out of nowhere unprovoked, insult Guy, he responds quite tamely, then you come straight back and launch a personal attack that is totally off topic, but apparently that was your goal. WTF is your problem? You obviously were just waiting for an opportunity to attack him and in this case you went out of your way to create one. What a jerkoff move. If I was a mod here I’d ban your ass in a heartbeat.

OP
G

givemenoughrope

I can certainly understand why it looks that way to you (or most) but maybe read through his posts for the better part of a decade and then talk to me.

Last edited:

shomynik

I can certainly understand why it looks that way to you (or most) but maybe read through his posts for the better part of a decade and then talk to me.
I'm not "friends" with anyone here but have to say I have yet to read anything indecent from Guy, quite contrary and valuable content from his end IMO.

Regarding Uncut Gems - I loved it. I was initialy annoyed by the score but now looking back, I think it fits rather well, sets the right tone for the picture. A unique movie, very easy to watch with fantastic sweet spot for the tension present through out.

jtnyc

I’ve read Guys posts for many years and I honestly have no idea what your on about. On top of that, even if you do take issue with him on any level, to go out of your way unprovoked and attack him, then bring up the past which just shows you’ve had it out for him for sometime is just bad form and it “looks” exactly as it is.

I have to ask, if you were sitting across from him in a bar, would you speak to him or anyone like that? People have big balls when they’re in the safety and anonymity of the internet. Instead of trying to disparage him even further by telling us to examine his posts over the last decade, maybe you’d be better off taking a closer look at your own.