Speed knob function

Hi,

I've been experimenting pretty much a whole day with the Speed knob in time machine mode. The catch is, the knob is not linear (who would've guessed, ha!). From other observations, I figured the first part looks like a cubic function, the second like a log function.

My idea was to fit the points, make a function, and invert it. The following is a generated cubic function:
Code:
6274.85*x - 97.1396*x^2 + 0.774875*x^3
which, unfortunately, just yields very rough and imprecise numbers.
The idea is to then invert the function, make a table, and then share it with everyone here so no one has to waste hours on generating this table.

So, the question is, does anyone know of a better function to fit the values for the speed knob or has a table to share with others?

Edit: Yes, I can type the numbers into the knob itself and get_engine_par, but I wanted to get a greater precision.

I'd really appreciate any help.
Patrik

Last edited:
OP
Patrik Herman

Patrik Herman

Ah, nevermind! The values update despite the small precision, so I'll make an automated script and will share the table tomorrow.

EvilDragon

KSP Wizard
There's been some threads aready on the Speed knob on this forum, please do a search :) There's a conversion function in Koala...

OP
Patrik Herman

Patrik Herman

Now I feel really bad because I was searching in NI forum instead of here. I really appreciate your help. Here's a promised table for 0%-100% for everyone (with precision to two decimal points). I'll use it instead of the one I generated manually :)

Have a nice day, everyone!

Attachments