What's new

Spat Revolution Essential Released

maestro2be

Hi all,

Interesting I just got an email from FLUX that they released SPAT Revolution Essential. I have always loved and used SPAT v3 and think it's the best spatial tool ever made so far that I've tried. Well, when they came out with SPAT Revolution, it was just not something that sat well with me that I had to pay another 1-2K for it after spending so much on SPAT v3.

Well now here comes SPAT Revolution Essential which shows it's only $399.99 for a perpetual license. That's definitely much more tempting!

Just thought some of you here might want to check this out. I don't own it so can't tell you how great it is yet.

M

Last edited:

pmcrockett

I've been hoping they'd do something like this ever since Revolution replaced v3 and moved SPAT out of the composer market sphere. I'm hoping 1) that they'll give a clear list of how Essential differs from Revolution and v3, 2) that they'll have a v3 upgrade offer like they did with Revolution, and 3) that it's fully VST compatible without all of Revolution's external routing nonsense. $400 is almost low enough that I would consider upgrading from v3 just for the continued updates and support. I'll have to check the demo out.

OP
M

maestro2be

I've been hoping they'd do something like this ever since Revolution replaced v3 and moved SPAT out of the composer market sphere. I'm hoping 1) that they'll give a clear list of how Essential differs from Revolution and v3, 2) that they'll have a v3 upgrade offer like they did with Revolution, and 3) that it's fully VST compatible without all of Revolution's external routing nonsense. $400 is almost low enough that I would consider upgrading from v3 just for the continued updates and support. I'll have to check the demo out.
That's exactly what I was thinking. 399 is pretty low if this product can hold up against SPAT v3. I am going to demo it as well. I did see a comparison although it was more text style than a nice side by side list.

clisma

this Is simply a cutdown version. It doesn’t change the dynamic of the workflow. It is still an external app. Not like v3 at all in terms of workflow.

Tralen

Designed to integrate into any workflow

Rapidly deploy and manage your object-based mix session using a simple setup wizard using your physical or virtual audio interface of choice as your hardware I/O or vastly expand your DAW’s capabilities using SPAT plugin suites (AAX, AU, VST) and audio pipe technology for software audio routing and parameters automation

Add remote integration using control devices, show control application, trajectory software and digital mixing consoles over the network, through the Open Sound Control (OSC) protocol.

Take advantage of ReaVolution, a Reaper package for SPAT Revolution facilitating the setup, integration, and workflow for immersive audio creation and production
I quoted this from the website. Has anyone tried this VST integration?

jason.d

I gave this a go with the demo license. I trialed SpatV3 years ago and I definitely prefer that version / workflow of the plug-in more. But, I will say after having the patience of learning revolution’s workflow, it’s not too bad. It was annoying to setup the nodes with input/output “wires”.

It actually kind of reminds me of MIR pro in the sense that a separate app controls all the inputs/instruments outside the DAW. But with spat revolution you need a spat “send” plug-in in each of your instrument’s FX insert, and then a spat “return” on a bus FX insert. I used Logic.

If you really want the magic spatialization power of Spat, you get it with this version of the software- you just have to work for it with a bit of setup. Seeing how the perpetual license of essential is $400, I think it’s a fantastic price for the algorithms considering how much they were selling V3 for.

Just my 2 cents.

Top Bottom